Multiple addon dominas and using soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple addon dominas and using soho

Forgive the ignorance, I have read and looked for an answer and have yet to find one so I am posting this new qustion:
    I have 2 websites using soho so I am not a complete beginner - love soho and it's features. BUT, I recently bought three new domain names. Trying to have one be the main and then 2 addons under it. How do I add or modify the pages on these addons with soho? I have added them as addon domains, I can log into the FTP server and put files in the sub domains folder. But I can't figure out how to use soho and edit the pages on the sub domain. I can't add Fantastico to a subdomain and yet retain it on the original or if so I do not know how. Your help and patience will be greatly appreciated as I am out of usable brain power trying to figure this out.
    Thanks in advance
    MMMFAST

Re: Multiple addon dominas and using soho

As I understand it, you can only have one soho site per account.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you but I do not wish to have but 1 account for soho. I would just like to be able to access the addon domain's address and create pages under the addon domains name within the directory of the original domain. Again, I do not know if this is a possiblity. But why have an addon domain if I can't get to the pages of it to do any work on the site? Maybe I am not saying what I mean or saying what I am trying to do.
      Thanks
      MMMFast

Comment

With Bluevoda I know for sure that you can have addon domains.

As far as soho is concerned I will now leave it up to those who know for sure.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yes you can have addon domains even if soho is in your main account. You have to login to your MAIN ACCOUNT cpanel and create the ADDON domain there, otherwise it will just be a folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Please humbly forgive my ignorance, and also my persistence.
            I have created an addon domain, in C-panel. I have gone to the domain name server and updated to point toward the correct servers. I have the addon domain’s domain root name found in the addon a domain section of c-panel. When I access the ftp client, it shows the file named “home/public_html/mydomainname.com”. I can and have added files to this “directory”. If this is correct I do not know. BUT when I go to soholaunch and look for a way to edit/ add or do anything I only can find a way to work with the original domain, not the addon domain. Again, I appreciate your trying to help me with what seems to me like a simple question. Can I access an addon domain name with soho to edit pages? And if so, how? If not with soho, then how can I access them to edit or create?
            Thank you for your continued help with a poor soul trying to learn
            MMMFast

Comment

NO.. You can only install soho launch once. You cant access a subdomain on it if you have it installed in the main domian.

Soholaunch is a premium site builder and licensed for ONE DOMAIN. You would need to purchase and install it in other domains and thats NOT recommended because of proprietary issues and payment shopping cart issues. Cheaper to buy a second hosting account.

You will have to build your other site using something else.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X