Pictures and Shapes Not Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures and Shapes Not Publishing

Hi, my name is Gail and I am having problems. Have been looking thru the threads and have tried different things but nothing works. I have created an index page and wanted to place a picture and buttons to select for the different headings. I have been trying for days and I can not figure it out. When I save it and publish only text appears. No pics or colors on buttons etc. When I preview it looks good. My web site is www.clipnsnip.net.

Re: Pictures and shapes do not appear on web site

It is a connection issue on your end: since you able to publish at all, it indicates the integrity of your Publishing Session is compromised due to speed available, or type of connection (dial-up, broadband, etc.) and possibly whether or not the combination of your connection with a wireless network setup.

You may need to Publish repeatedly to allow the server to populate items individually.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Gail,

As well as the advice above, also be careful how you name your images.

For example, one of them is 'Van (336 x 230)'

You can't have spaces in an image name. Also, name your images something relevant to what they are for search engine purposes.

So for example, name this particular image 'pet_care_van'

Use underscores and not spaces. Even petcarevan is better than having spaces.

Try that and then republish. But as mentioned above, sometimes it does take a few attempts to get all files uploaded, especially if they are big.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        As well as the advice above, also be careful how you name your images. You can't have spaces in an image name. So for example, name this particular image 'pet_care_van' >> Use underscores and not spaces. Even petcarevan is better than having spaces. Try that and then republish.
        Good eye! Shows me I can't be on the phone and be as detail oriented as usual!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Good eye! Shows me I can't be on the phone and be as detail oriented as usual!
          Nobody is perfect 100% of the time... not even me and to be honest if it wasn't for the likes of Collector Chris noticing and pointing the naming of images out more than anyone, I may have missed it myself. One of her images is named ok so that knocks off the reason I gave above as a definite fix but hopefully with both replies we may start to see Gails site coming along..
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Pictures and Shapes Not Publishing

i see that you have the picture situation figured out. great! now you have to fix the links. you have saved your about us page as
            about_us
            you have created your link as
            www.clipnsnip.net/about_us.bvp
            your link should be:
            www.clipnsnip.net/about_us.html
            when you save your pages vodahost automatically add the bvp extension to your page, so if you look in your blue voda folder in "my document" you will see all your pages with a bvp extension. i hope you don't have a double bvp extension such as:
            about_us.bvp.bvp
            if you do you have to fix that, then fix your links with a html extension or a php extension(when necessary) I suggest you look at this tutorial one more time and you probably will have it.

good luck and let us know how you are doing.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
            X