This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap For Soho?

Iam trying to genorate a site map for my soholaunch site www.primalleathers.com . Ive tried google sitemap builder and ror sitemap builder. I followed the steps to verifie my site and nothing is working. Does soholaunch build the sitemap automaticaly? I have been working on this for some time now and I dont know what to do, ANY IDEAS?

Randie
    www.primalleathers.com

Re: site map info

im a little confused as i have looked at you site and your links at the bottom of the page - site map? are all working fine. did you want to do something else. there is a lot of space on your home page between the last item and the bottom - did you want this? let us know if you want somehting else.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Well im wanting to get my site listed in the search engines and was told that I should have a site map to make it easier for the search engines.And yes I would like to get rid of the extra space on my home page and I dont know how to. None of my other pages did that.
      Thanks
      Randie

Comment

Did you upload the site map? You have to up it to the main folder of soho...if its your main domain .. then public_html. You cant upload it via the file manager in soho... well you can upload it.. but you have to change your path...to the file, which defeats the purpose of ALL spiders finding it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen I am now more confused. Do I need a site map or is it already built in to my website? When I tried to genorate one with google tools I couldnt get it to verifie my site.
          Last edited by primalleather; 11-09-2008, 01:03 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by primalleather View Post
            Karen I am now more confused. Do I need a site map or mis it already built in to my website? When I tried to genorate one with google tools I couldnt get it to verifie my site.
            Using Google Webmaster tools, verifying your website has NOTHING to do with your sitemap.

Follow their very simple instructions for verifying your website by uploading a file to your server in the name that they will issue you.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It is unnecessary to create a sitemap for a dynamic foundation like Soholaunch, a forum, CMS, or the like. They present pages dynamically, and as such, have a totally different manner to orgainze the data (in other words, there are no pages until a command is issued to create one from the stored data according to the parameters as instructed).

Don't worry about this for your Soho! Just remember to be detailed enteing your Categories, Sub-Categories, and Item descriptions to produce the best possible "storable" SE values!

For maximum optimization for Soholaunch, you may wish to select and purchase one of the various MOD's to plug in to fine-tune your DB and static Content. (You'll find these available directly from Soholaunch, and from the recommended Developers who can help install them affordably for you also ... like www.TemplateZappers.com )
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I forgot to say... the reason for the verification is simply for you to prove to Google that YOU are the owner or in control of any website and that you have the rights to use their tool for any given website.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks I did try that but it still wouldnt verifie. How exactly do I access my SERVER? Maybe Im missing a step or something

Comment

BlueVoda > Tools > FTP. Create the file using a blank notepad, call it the name given to you by Google.

You can also just create a blank BV page, give it the name given to you by Google. But leave OFF the .html bit as BV will automatically do that for you. And publish it

Comment

Thanks Vasili, SO you are saying that I dont need to genorate a site map right? Im still trying to figure out how to get rid of the xtra space on my home page, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        I think you are both missing something here .....
                        I am replying to why he can't verify his site, I am not replying to his sitemap problem...Google webmaster tools are not just for submitting sitemaps by far. So no I am certainly not missing anything here

Comment

Originally posted by primalleather View Post
                          Thanks Vasili, SO you are saying that I dont need to genorate a site map right? Im still trying to figure out how to get rid of the xtra space on my home page, any ideas?
                          Correct. No sitemap need be created. You could look into the MOD's to see if it is worth it to you to ramp up the TAGS for your DB items and stuff, but don't sweat it too much .....

The large space between your last row of items and the footer is due to the original entry you made to define your page: either the number of items you entered to be shown in that category, the number of rows in your "table" or even the size of each pane. Merely go in the Webmaster Panel in Admin and then Edit Page > Index to reset the page parameters.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Sitemap For Soho?

Well.. I Use a sitemap WITH soho that maps my static pages and I LINK to dynamic pages just without the ? sooo..

You can USE A SITE MAP WITH SOHO.. you can even use an addon to make STATIC pages should you choose to.

If you decide to make one.. you have to upload it via ftp to your server... easiest way is to use the file manager in control panel of your hosting account. You also need to edit your template index page to rel link your site map in the header, and you can also add the google verify tag while you are there.

And not to be a rude monster ... but if you dont use soho i wish youd all just shut up! Because what you DONT Know will get you MAC SLAPPED!

You can also add a plugin that will do your sitemap for you..at the addons site

Its only ten bucks... geesh.. guess im not the only one who makes sitemaps for soho.

AS for google verify... you can just open notepad, leave it blank and save it as...google900numbersthattheygiveyou.txt and upload it via cpanel of your hosting account in the file manager and google will verify you that way as well.

If you are using google analytics as well.. i recommend you get the plugin at the addon site. You just copy your code into the plugin that practically installs itself and it puts the codes on all your pages..including the https version for the cart.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Sitemap For Soho?

Just to clarify things:

It is TRUE that Soho as well as other CMS retrieve the data from the database and then create the page on the fly (dynamic pages).

However, it is ALSO true, that Search Engines CAN follow links with ?page=.... in other words, they CAN see and index dynamic pages, AS LONG AS the full link (with the ?page=.....) is INCLUDED in the Sitemap xml file. The same is valid ALSO for text or image links.

Conclusion: If you have some pages that you believe have good content and are important for your site (in example, the main products pages) then you CAN include them as dynamic links in your sitemap whatever way you create it.
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X