Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to elimenate blank space on home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to elimenate blank space on home page?

Im not sure why my other thread was closed but Im still trying to get rid of the extra space on my home page at the bottom and I didnt understand what you were trying to tell me. Also thank you for evryone else help with my site map questions. My site is www.primalleathers.com

Randie
    www.primalleathers.com

Re: how to elimenate blank space on home page?

Hi,

When I go to your site and hit select all there is one line of text that appears right above the middle of "Mens Jackets" Link, first remove that and see if that makes a difference. Even if it is one letter or space that far down the page Blue Voda recognizes it as text and will post it.

Also in Blue Voda check your page properties for the Length set.

-DM

Comment

I am using soholaunch not blue voda and Im still not able to get rid of the blank area. Not sure what you are getting at when you said to go to webmaster. I couldnt find anything there to help with this.

Comment

You have to Edit either the template or the page itself.
        Soho will "present" the page however you define it, either by the configuration you set for the Template, for the Page, or even if you created a Table on the page (you specify how may columns and rows, and it will be there just as you set it whether or not you fill it in with anything).

Using the Soholaunch Template Manager
        Open and editing old pages

And if you need to review the setup from the beginning (to spot where to make corrective entries):
        Using the Soholaunch Quickstart Wizard - Getting Started!

* It is also worthwhile browsing the Soholaunch Support Forums to see if you can glean a solution from all those who went before you!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dm
          This is a soho site NOT a BV site.................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I didnt do anything diffrent than i did on all my other pages and they all came out properly. so whats up?

Comment

Sorry I didn't see what heading it was under, I only went to "new post" and started to try to help people. If they had text the same color as the background that far down the page wouldn't Soho still find that text and make the page that far down? If not then I am sorry and chalk it up to lack of knowledge as to how Soho works. I seen no one posted a reply and thought I would throw out a few ideas.

-DM

Comment

Originally posted by primalleather View Post
                I didnt do anything diffrent than i did on all my other pages and they all came out properly. so whats up?
                Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                You have to Edit either the ("fluid") template or the page itself.
                Soho will "present" the page however you define it, either by the configuration you set for the Template, for the Page, or even if you created a Table on the page (you specify how may columns and rows, and it will be there just as you set it whether or not you fill it in with anything).
                What part of this is so difficult? Are you trying to help find a solution by reviewing any of the Tutorials, or visiting the Soho Forums to find a posted answer to the question that was answered before? Have you tried comparing the page settings to see what difference (if any) might be causing the issue? It may have something to do with the fact it is a fluid template, seeing as how it is as you say only on the index page ....

No one here can see your Admin Panels and we can only suggest potential areas of the procedures you must carefully examine yourself. In this thread and your earlier one, suggestions have been offered numerous times before getting noticed, it seems. The "problem" has been narrowed down for you, but you need to get in there to see if this is the case.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by DM Owner View Post
                  Sorry I didn't see what heading it was under, I only went to "new post" and started to try to help people. If they had text the same color as the background that far down the page wouldn't Soho still find that text and make the page that far down? If not then I am sorry and chalk it up to lack of knowledge as to how Soho works. I seen no one posted a reply and thought I would throw out a few ideas.

-DM
                  If you dont know an answer, its best not to just throw ideas around and its always important to read before posting.

I see from your many posts that you are trying to help, so please dont apologise, I was only trying to let you know the difference between the two.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

primalleather

Karen can probable answer this one for you, she will be popping in a little later.
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks David Can you look at my website and see if I fixed the problem?It looks like it on my end.

Comment

I looked and I didnt see any large amount of space. Probably just needed to tighten up your coding.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your welcome...........and it looks as if you have solved the problem as there is only a very small amount of whitespace there now.
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

www.primalleathers.com I am still having the problem that when my site is viewed on a computer with a larger screen, everything looks all streached out and all screwed up. I understand now, that vodahost is built on a fluid screen and Iknow that this is my problem. When I look at most other web sites on the net they are built within a table of a specific size. How can I do the same with my site? Can I build a table or some how limit the size of my pages so they look the same on everyones screen as they do when I build them on my computer?

randie
                            www.primalleathers.com

Comment

Randy..

Its not vodahost.. its the template youve chosen in soho launch. You just need to change the template to a static template is all. Or edit that one to be static.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X