Logged in but can't find my work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logged in but can't find my work!!

Either I did not save my work, or I am missinf the link that takes me to me to the website I have been working on....!!!

And, yeah, I'm blonde....but no jokes!!!!! lmao

THANX!!

xoxoxox

Re: Silly ? I'm sure...lol...but I'm logged in but cannot find my work!!

So... whats the question? Or is this gee whiz info?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thee question IS how do I find my work???

Comment

Well...thanks sooo much, anyway.... lol

The only 'gee whiz' from where I stand, is not in MY particular vocabulary.... Who is this, Opie, or Aunt Bee????

Dont concern urself too much though, sis.... I'll figure it out soon enough. Trust n believe....

nitey nite

Comment

That's all?

I feel let down somehow. Thought there would be something close to a puch line, or just a plain punch!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yeah well, I am sooo glad that I have entertained you all tonite...
            Thanks for all ur help.

Comment

Originally posted by lisamarie View Post
              Thee question IS how do I find my work???
              If you saved it (in Blue Voda, I presume), when you open Blue Voda you are asked to open a New page, or a previous page (and you will have them displayed before you to choose from). Pretty simple really ..... providing, of course, you saved your page before exiting. I mean, Blue Voda even asks you if you want to save your work.

Now ... since you posted in the Soholaunch Forum, if you are using Soho, the same pretty much applies: whenever you exit an Admin Panel (where you do all your work - and I must assume you know how to get there, stating that there is work to be saved/retrieved), a querry presents asking you if you want to exit without Saving. If you do save your work, it is immediately applied to the site, or is available in the same panel you were in if you had earlier elected not to 'publish' the page you were working on.

No matter how you look at it, it's pretty easy with so many programs asking you questions about what you want to do along the way.

Last, but not least ... you mentioned trying to find a "link" to your work, and to me this sounds like the link to your Soho Admin Control Panel. It looks like this > www.YourDomainName.com/sohoadmin/

And there you go!

You can go to bed now, I suppose. Remember to turn off the lights!

Comment

Vasili ...

How would I "elect not to publish the page I'm working on" in Soholaunch?

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere ... I didn't find the information just now in a quick forum search.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

~J~

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

if you are using Soho,
                If you do save your work, it is immediately applied to the site, or is available in the same panel you were in if you had earlier elected not to 'publish' the page you were working on.

Comment

Re: Logged in but can't find my work!!

Im not Vasili but you cannot UNpublish or not publish a page. what you can do is NOT put it on the navigation bar. This way without a link it wont be viewed.

Soho is a LIVE builder on the web. As soon as you hit the save button its LIVE.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Karen,

I understand that SohoLaunch is a live builder.

Thank you for providing "the workaround" for editing pages "behind the scenes".

I appreciate your help!

~J~

Comment

Thanks for picking up the slack, Karen, and "detailing" the concept I once again skipped across the pond too quickly (apparently)!

I only assumed others would know to create pages wholly before including them in the navigation, thus able to work "offline" rather than have them be viewable (and potentially cached) in a state of perpetual incompletion ......

Comment

Working...
                      X