help with publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with publishing

hi again, I've got a few dramas with publishing.

To start with I created my own domain with BlueVoda (outbackwebdesigns) & from there I was using it to create my dressage clubs website for them. However, they already had the domain which is being hosted by another company (drta.com.au). I'm now wondering how I publish the drta.com.au website for them under my bluevoda account?

Re: help with publishing

Originally posted by Kymbakhan View Post
    hi again, I've got a few dramas with publishing.

To start with I created my own domain with BlueVoda (outbackwebdesigns) & from there I was using it to create my dressage clubs website for them. However, they already had the domain which is being hosted by another company (drta.com.au). I'm now wondering how I publish the drta.com.au website for them under my bluevoda account?
    If this is a website you are making or have made for someone else then you must get a seperate hosting account with Vodahost, you cannot publish this website on your account.

Then just go to the control panel of where their domian is hosted and repoint it to the VH server account.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

thanks for your reply, so you are saying I have to pay to host their account on Blue Voda also?!?!? I wanted to keep it as a .com.au account & as its a non-profit organisation was hoping it would not cost but obviously I didn't read the fine print before signing up!!!

Comment

thanks for your reply, so you are saying I have to pay to host their account on Blue Voda also?!?!? I wanted to keep it as a .com.au account & as its a non-profit organisation was hoping it would not cost but obviously I didn't read the fine print before signing up!!!
        Yep afraid so, all sites (unless owned by the same person/company must be hosted seperately.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Bugger, I only signed up so I could do it for them & didn't think about it before signing up. I don't intend on using my registration for my own purpose is there any way of changing it as to use it for my club?!?!?

Comment

If you signed up just to make a site for them then this is okay, build and host the site on the account. What I meant was if you already have an account with your own website on and you then build a site for someone else. THIS must be hosted on a new account. Sorry if I confused you.

If you wanted to put the acount in their name, this is possible just by contacting support and supplying them with details of a new owner.

Comment

yay, thanks for that. I've sent through to support so hopefully they will be able to direct me where I need to go.

yeah at the time I didn't know what was happening so signed up but thought I could publish their site under my registration as I was doing it as a favour to them & didn't intend on using the site for myself.

so sorry to be a pain but how do I publish the site under the drta.com.au domain using my account?!?!?

I've published it but it hasn't worked as you can see... do I need to do anything special?

Comment

What you usually do is ensure that this domain is pointing to the VH servers. The details of which you will have received in your welcome email. You then go to your control panel through whoever the domain was purchased from and have it repointed through the DNS management panel.

Comment

awesome Marincky, still not working but getting one step closer.

Hopefully my last annoying question for the night...

when I publish do I need to upload the page through the control panel or just press the little magic publish button or both?!?!

Comment

awesome Marincky, still not working but getting one step closer.

Hopefully my last annoying question for the night...

when I publish do I need to upload the page through the control panel or just press the little magic publish button or both?!?!
                    Press the magic button.. that's all

Comment

ok, so when I press the magic button do I just publish the page to public_html or do I have to publish it elsewhere??? since it's drta.com.au domain that is?

Comment

Working...
                      X