Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No messages appear in my inbox

hi
    could someone please tell me why i see no messages in my inbox?
    i even added a forwarder to check whether i receive any messages or not. i then sent a test message. and within seconds it landed in the inbox of my typical email address but i couldn't see it in the website's inbox too.
    anybody knows what is wrong?

Re: No messages appear in my inbox

if you put a forwader on your email and then look at it elsewhere it will probably be the reason why it doesn't appear in your first email handler
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i put a forwarder on my email just because i didn't know what to do else
      it was only to have the impression that i'm doing something :p

could it be my windows or my browser that it displays no messages in my mail inbox?

Comment

sometimes they take a while to come through. Personally i would use outlook or another program to read my emails in if i had a website based email. You will probably find this much better. Personally I just use gmail, it's far easier to set up, far less hassle and much more reliable!

you could easily have yourbusinessname******.com
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You might not have webmail access?! ask your administrator.
          Christmas Gifts Valentine's Gifts

Comment

Did you ever solve this problem because i am having the same issue . When i set up my outlook accounts the test email gets sent and all other checks come back ok ....I can even send emails from the accounts i have created but i dont receive a thing!!!!... My outlook hasnt even seen the accounts i have created because nothings is being received in the accounts.
            I to set up a forwarder to check whether the mail on my site is working at all and i received the mail in my hotmail account......but why not in my outlook account please help!

Comment

hello entity

if you have problems with outlook i am afraid i can't help you out because i don't use that service.

but if it's a vodahost email problem and if i recall well, my problems started when i created another email account within my cpanel. so i had 2 email addresses: one created by default when i opened my account with vodahost and the second one created by me. the messages i was receiving were landing in my default inbox but i kept logging in to the other one and that's why i couldn't see any messages :p

if you like me, created an email within your cpanel, then this must be the problem (you're logging into your email account with the username and password created by you, not with the ones provided by vodahost). but like i said, if it's an outlook issue i can't help you :(

to find out the login info for your default email account, go to your email address that you used to regsiter for a vodahost acccount and look for an email sent out to you by vodahost. it should have came from billing@vodasupport.com and its subject should be something like "Vodahost:: Login Information". scroll down in that email and look for a tab called "Web Mail Details" and you will find there your username and password for your default email account.

i hope this helps.

cheers

Comment

Thanks mate.... but i have been using the details given and like i said i can send emails from the pop accounts ive created i just NEVER receive any! its so weird ...and annoying!!

Could somebody give me an example of what the fields should be. I thought i followed the instructions to the T but yet still no joy!:

Please help!

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003!

USER INFORMATION
                Your name: ?
                e-mail address: ?

SERVER INFORMATION
                Incoming mail Server (pop3): ?
                Outgoing mail Server (smtp): ?

LOGON INFORMATION
                Username: ?
                Password: ?

What am i doing wrong!!!!?