ceoproducts.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceoproducts.com

this is the domain name we used when we joined blue voda. we cannot get this domain name from Homestead/Tucows - politics. we have registered a new domain name as www.customcardholder.net and we have pointed the nameservers to this domain name. what we would like is to cancel ceoproducts.com and not deal with this political situation but use the name
    www.customcardholder.net
    now i realize that i can point to the new domain name but homestead is not cooperating as they realize we will not be using homestead and they are being very difficult. can this be done?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: ceoproducts.com

Without gaining access to your original domain name no...but you could put in a support ticket with vodahost to attach a different name to your account.. I dont know if it will require resetting your account or not.. but support ticket is the way to go with it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That other company cannot refuse your request........please put in a ticket to the Vodahost support team and they will help you out.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Snap..............sorry Karen................lol
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

LOL.. no worries David.

Some hosting companies tho.. OWN the domain along with the hosting, and even tho you chose it and registered and did biz with them, doesnt mean you get to KEEP that domain name if you leave. Most likely in their Terms of Service. So you may never get control of it.. or wait til it expires and try to snatch it up when it goes on the market.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
            That other company cannot refuse your request........please put in a ticket to the Vodahost support team and they will help you out.
            I should have used the word "TRANSFER" and you are in luck, see extract from their TOS below:

Modifications to Agreement. You acknowledge that the practice of providing internet services is constantly evolving; therefore, you agree that Domain Direct may modify this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement, as is necessary to comply with its agreements with ICANN, a registry, a third party provider or any other entity or individual, as well as to adjust to changing circumstances. Your continued use of the Service(s) will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement with any revisions. If you do not agree to any change, you may request that your Service be cancelled. In the case of a domain name registration, you may request that a registration be cancelled or transferred to a different accredited registrar. You agree that such cancellation or request for transfer will be your exclusive remedy if you do not wish to abide by any change to this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement.

Karen and I both agree that this is now a support task.

Good luck.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

thanks for all the responses, but as you know and realize, if a company wants to make it difficult for you, they can. They are more knowledgeable and we have decided to just let it run it's course for the 60 days and then try to make the change. if we cannot, i will ask BV for help or for a reset to a new name.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

OOOOOOOOh... if its a new domain name.. it cant be moved for 60 days.. they should however be able to point it to the voda servers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

would you believe that homestead does not forward or point domain names. against their policy. there are many weirdos out there and i have found one.
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                  X