Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More then one Domin anme...same Hosting account How to publish ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More then one Domin anme...same Hosting account How to publish ??

Is there a way to publish more then one web domain per hosting account ? I believe that I read you can post unlimited domain names ?

I'm trying to publish an index page to www.castonguayproperties.com but when I hit publish it goes directly to my other website address ??

Please help.

Thanks,
    Kat

Re: More then one Domin anme...same Hosting account How to publish ??

One account has only one
    public_html directory................

When you addon another domain name a new folder with that addon domain name will have been created for you(if you have done it correctly)

To publish to the new domain name you use:

public_html/newdomainname
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

OK, I have done that with one of my sites and it works...now I'm confused as to why it does not work with a third add on I am doing ? I did the exact same things but I see just a blue page with words

Thanks,
      Kat

Comment

That page shows me that your dns of the addon domain has not yet been changed to the vodahost servers.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

But I did it same as the other one ? Do you mean that I need to go back to where I purchased the domain from or do I have to change somehting in my vodahost settings ?

Comment

Contact support because it's showing that you ARE correctly on the VH servers. How long has it been since you added this domain to your Vh account?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It's been about 6 hours or so ? I've looked over it a few times and I can't figure out where I've gone wrong ?

Comment

LOL..6 hours? It can take up to 72 hours to go through. Check it again tomorrow. don't worry it will come alive soon.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

OK, then I'll try to be patient :) very hard that is....however it's strange that the other one I did at the same time has gone though already.

Thanks for your help,
                  Kat

Comment

Originally posted by kccakes View Post
                    OK, then I'll try to be patient :) very hard that is....however it's strange that the other one I did at the same time has gone though already.

Thanks for your help,
                    Kat
                    Sometimes they do, I have had one go through in under 5 minutes, but unfortunately it's not always like that.

Comment

I can't wait to see this site unfold http://www.castonguayproperties.com/

I like what you have done so far... Love the colours and what you have done with the shapes. Hope you place it in the review forum when ready?

Comment

Working...
                      X