This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing question

After watching video I created my first page for WWW.GOOGLEZIT.COM . My first page is identified as index as per video. However, when I call it up on internet, I get following message:

Index of /
    Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.googlezit.com Port 80 Why can I not see my page?

Re: Having trouble publishing

because you didnt save it as index and.. you didnt publish it to the public_html folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hmmm... me wonders if a certain 'Largish' company will be happy to list you on their search engine?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

When does one receive his IP & Login details to start publishing?

Comment

When you have applied for a hosting account I believe it can take up to 48 hours to receive your welcome email with those details in.

Next time though PLEASE post a NEW thread, do not hijack someone elses!
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

My first page is named Index and I have published to PUBLIC HTML and still does not work!

Comment

The funny part is when I view in browser while IN bluevoda, my page comes up!

Comment

Thanks Maricky & sorry for the Hijack. I'm a public officer, should have made sure that doesn't happen :)

Comment

My webpage is not attainable !!!!!!

I have named my 1st page 'index' and published everything to public_html and I get this message when going to my page on web:

Index of /
                  Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.googlezit.com Port 80 When I preview my page through BlueVoda, it shows up....please help asap as I have posted in questions forum and got back answers that were not helpful. Thanks, Pierre Tremblay

Comment

Re: My webpage is not attainable !!!!!!

When you published your index page was it in small letters and nothing else added to it and in the publishing box was all files checked. Also make sure its the same I.P. address thats was sent in your welcome email. If all above is correct it should publish.
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Re: My webpage is not attainable !!!!!!

make sure ur server ip is correct when u publish from bluevoda publisher. ur right ip address is theone where u click to enter ur control panel, everyone gets some problems when u r new in this field,but there are lots /all solutions on this forum.
                      also check ur usename and password and in folder it would look like;
                      public_html/
                      i hope it will help, try again and ask here if more problems.
                      jatt punjabi

Comment

When I preview my page through BlueVoda, it shows up....please help asap as I have posted in questions forum and got back answers that were not helpful. Thanks, Pierre Tremblay
                        Well just in case it wasnt HELPFUL.. try considering rather or not you asked the appropriate questions. The same applies as I answered you earlier... THERE IS NO INDEX FILE THERE.. so
                        1.) you have not changed the path to public_html
                        2.) you arent publishing to the correct server
                        and
                        3.) Dont start NEW threads when you have one going and
                        4.) Check your welcome EMAIL if you have one yet
                        5.) THREAD CLOSED

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                        X