what do l put for title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do l put for title?

What do you put for title? l went into Properties Pages and is says put in a title say for example l put Management does it need to read just this or do l need to put in the webpage? ie www.lneedsunshine/management.html l have done this for all the links on the pages

Thanks very very new to this

Re: what do l put for title?

The Title is what will appear at the top of the browser in the blue bar...not the web address but actually in the bar. And your link isnt working for me.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen

Sorry just waiting for my account to be set up l have paid for it today. Just reading through the other posts on here and have realised maybe a there are a few things l have not done right maybe. www.lneedsunshine.com/homepage.html is one of my pages l have 12 in all.

Comment

Well if you want your site to show up.. homepage.html wont get it. Needs to be named 'index' You can TITLE it whatever you want.. but that needs to be the page name or it wont come up when someone types www.Ineedsunshine.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok what where do you type in index at l have put the following

www.lneedsunshine.com/homepage.html in the URL space on the link tab in the shapes folder?

l have also put just this on the properties page tab under title is that right?
          where do l need to put www.lneedsunshine.com/index.html?
          Thanks

Comment

On the 2 urls posted it a placement foder did you publish your index page if not. When you do your index page in the web builder you should save it as index nothing else added and must be in small letter's. When you are doing your index withlinks tou can name it home but the link is http://yourdomain,com no spaces when doing another page it will be the link as http://www.yourdomain.com/yournewpage.html now the home page will link to the new page to put titles that would be in page properties. Hope this helps
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

hi ok l thought that but l cannot change the file name in the web builder site how do you do that? not sure on the rest of what you are saying,
              ok the files saved in the webpage builder all have names on them such as things to do is this correct lhave 12 pages when l go into each page in theURL l have put www.lneedsunshine.com/nameofthatpage/hmtl is that right? on every link l have done that, so l need to change the title of my file saved in the blue voda program from homep page to just index nothing else?

Comment

ya need to rename your homepage...index...no caps...and publish.

As far as title, then ya have a new "beast"...seo, or search engine optimization.

If what you were selling or showing on your site is widgets...then your page that shows up when you go to yourdomainname.com (index...again no caps...only index), you would title it "Widgets". Hard to be specific without knowing the ins and outs of your pursuits. If you have a diversified list of products, then the steps you take will NEED planning.

It gets confusing to a new person, names vs titles...names are what you save the page as... and titles are what you put in the properties box of that page as...and to get the best bang for your buck, your domain name should match your title, and the content on your page and should have the same "key" words or phrases as the domain name and title. It gets tricky, or logical, depending on your point of view from here.

It's one thing to publish a page, but to publish a page that will get buyers is another. This is where search engine optimization comes into play.

Good Luck! Don't give up...you will get it!

So first page, so you have something to show for your site = name it index, nothing else, then your other pages would be public_html/whatever-you-name-this-page...

.....no spaces, no caps, and if you prefer underscores(_) as opposed to hyphens (-), keep in mind that is easier to type hyphens,

then bv will automatically add the extension ( .html or .php), default is .html and if you want .php, you will need to change it in the page's property box.

If you don't publish and just save, it will save as .bvp, but that is to save it in the builder, not to publish...

DO NOT ADD AN EXTENSION...to publish.

Cheers!
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

5:34am Friday (CST) - Time in Poplar Bluff, Missouri

Can't you sleep Karen?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

not giving up yet but got a headache!! ok right l have changed me first page title from Home page to only index nothing else in lower case but the word index do l need to republish?

Comment

ya
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok just done that republished but still not working

arrrg!

Comment

You need to point your domain to your VH account. Contact whoever you purchased your domain from and have them repoint it, giving them the server details as given to you on your 'welcome' email.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                            5:34am Friday (CST) - Time in Poplar Bluff, Missouri

Can't you sleep Karen?
                            I am on night shift with the mom in law...(why I am in Missouri), and she being 85 yrs old with dementia...and the rest of the crowd (adults, here) have diabetes and have to follow strict guidelines for eating and rest, so I got drafted. Hey...so much for being the healthy one, eh?

Makes the speed bumps make sense, eh?

Gotta love ya, Ramsey, cause if ya didn't care, ya wouldna asked.
                            Karen Williams
                            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Well... truth be known.... what first caught my eye was that you lived in Poplar Bluff.... didn't believe that a city could really be called that until I looked it up on the net LOL

I mean... how do you pronounce it?... POPLARBLUFF.. POPLABLUFF...I can't get my tounge around this one...

Comment

Working...
                              X