This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with email

I have not been getting any more emails. So, I sent a support ticket to SimpleInternet Site which holds my email account. This was their response:

Support Staff ResponseThe email address founder@powerofpinkbcf.com does not currently use the MX email records to be capable of receiving. In order to correctly receive email on the email address you have established with us you must contact your hosting provider. The domain name points to third party name servers which contain the MX email records.

You will need to contact your hosting provider and have them add 2 records to the zone file for your domain name.

These records to modify are:

MX Modifications:

MX 0 smtp.secureserver.net
    MX 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net

Once these records have been entered by your hosting company, please allow an average of 48 hours for the propagation of these changes to complete.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    www.powerofpinkbcf.com
    founder@powerofpinkbcf.com

Re: help with email

Well I probably could if I knew exactly what it was that you are trying to accomplish. Are you just wanting to open your mail on outlook? If so you dont need to do anything with the MX records...if however.. you are trying to get your email at your ISP, then you need to configure your email mx records as suggested above.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My main email address is through Windows Mail. However, I set up a Web Mail address founder@powerofpinkbcf.com through SimpleInternet Site prior to moving over to Blue Voda. If I do not go through SimpleInternet Site to get my address, is there other options to retrieving my email? This email address was set up strictly for my website.

Comment

Hi,

You can change your internet host by opening an account with Hotmail or
        Yahoo mail and redirect all your emails there.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I do have a Yahoo email address. jilene57******.com. I had already tried to redirect before and it will not let me. In order to redirect, I have to put in my old email address "founder" and then I put in the @ information. Mine is @powerofpinkbcf.com. However, it only lets me choose from a list instead of add my own.

Is there something else that can be done? Can I access my Web Mail through Blue Voda - thinking that it is directed there?

Comment

Why are you trying to REDIRECT the mail? You dont need to REDIRECT it. All you need to do is to read it yes? Did you do the tutorials for EMAIL?

IF you REDIRECT it you are telling the server to bypass your mail on its current server and that another server will handle it. If you dont have access or cant set up a DOMAIN mail on that server it will NOT WORK.

Yes .. you can check your mail in cpanel. You login to cpanel and then go to webmail. Please do the tutorials here...

Email tutorials about how to set up your email accounts in various email clients

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I read the tutorials. I have an email account set up: founder@powerofpinkbcf.com. Is is making all mail undeliverable. However, I did put a forwarding address on there since I was having difficulty. The mail does did forward - but not the body of the email.

Does that make sense? My main email account: dietwine@kc.rr.cm does receive notice that there is an email. It does not show the body text of the email.

The email: founder@powerofpinkbcf.com is not receiving any email.

Can someone help me fix this please?

Comment

I have read the tutorials again. I cannot set up the email address: founder@powerofpinkbcf.com because it already exists. I set up another account: ilene@powerofpinkbcf.com just to test it. However, I have to keep the founder address because that is what is already printed on my business cards.

Will somebody please help me with this? I am getting feedback on my site that I cannot access. Thanks

Comment

Go Delete any redirects or FORWARDS you have done.. Delete that email and recreate it. Then download outlook and get your mail right on your desktop. DO NOT MESS With the REDIRECTS OR THE MX unless you KNOW what you are doing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Can I delete the email in cpanel? Or, do I need to go into SimpleInternet Site to delete it? Do I get a free email with my website? If so, should I cancel my email through SimpleInternet Site?

I have cancelled the cc: forward. I have not done anything with MX records and I have not redirected anything - I don't know how.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilene Jones View Post
                      Can I delete the email in cpanel? Or, do I need to go into SimpleInternet Site to delete it? Do I get a free email with my website? If so, should I cancel my email through SimpleInternet Site?

I have cancelled the cc: forward. I have not done anything with MX records and I have not redirected anything - I don't know how.

Thank you.
                      Start by following earlier posts: delete any 're-directs,' forwarders, email setups, or other custom settings you made to your domain at your Registrar. Hopefully you have made proper DNS entries so your domain "points" to your website hosted at VodaHost. If so, then these steps will make perfect sense:

1. We have to first assume you have a hosting account, and have properly associated a domain to the account (as an add-on, whether it was transferred to VodaHost of left with another Registrar and proper DNS changes made).
                      2. To delete emails sent to your website (or domain), you must have first created an email account for the domain, which is done in cPanel by clicking on EMAIL ACCOUNTS and going through the Add New Account process.
                      3. So, if you did that, you would then have "unlimited email accounts" as VodaHost advertises enabled for your account, which is called Webmail --- and you have a choice of Utilities to access/view/manage your Webmail as well.
                      4. To access your Webmail, simply use the link www.YourDomainName.com/webmail/ ....... it will allow you direct access using the User Name and Password you established during the Email Setup Process in Step 1 above.
                      5. If you find going into Webmail tedious or too limiting, you can set up Outlook or Express for your Domain Hosting Webmail Account, and send/receive using your own domain name if you like without restriction (other than 200 max per hour sending limits), so whether to continue or discontinure email services elsewhere is entirely up to you.

Personally, I have a permanent Juno email address, primarily because that is the first one I used Lord knows years ago to set up all my "official" accounts with banks, etc. Even though I have a free Hotmail, GMail, and Yahoo, they are all forwarded to my main email address even though my Outlook gets them for me daily (this way, I always have a copy left on the server in case my computer fries!). I find Outlook to be the best personal way to organize my email, and it is currently managing my more than 90 email addresses from all my VH accounts and websites superbly! Now ... if I could finally get up the gumption to migrate to ACT exclusively, I will have finally evolved! LOLOL

Like I said, it all depends on what is important to you and your unique requirements whether or not to shift entirely to a single email solution, and how you wish it to perform!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I did not set up my email through VodaHost. It is, and has always been, set up through SimpleInternet Site. If I go to VodaHost to delete it, will I be able to get the same email name when I do set one up at VodaHost?

I am very hesitant to delete it until I know that I can get the same name. Wouldn't it just be easier to fix my MX Records as SimpleInternet Site stated? This way I can get my email through them like I always have?

Comment

I did not set up my email through VodaHost. It is, and has always been, set up through SimpleInternet Site. If I go to VodaHost to delete it, will I be able to get the same email name when I do set one up at VodaHost?

I am very hesitant to delete it until I know that I can get the same name. Wouldn't it just be easier to fix my MX Records as SimpleInternet Site stated? This way I can get my email through them like I always have?
                          Your domain is now hosted through VodaHost so yes you can move the email to your account here.
                          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Okay, I deleted my email address. Since I get free email addresses through VodaHost, should I call and try to get a refund from SIS? I have already paid for three years for that email address.

Meanwhile, I have to hurry to get my new email set up because I am losing any submissions from my website.

Thanks.

Comment

should I call and try to get a refund from SIS?
                              LOL, you can try...
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X