Domain type query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain type query

Hi, a friend of mine has a site that appears to be a sub domain of a sub domain. Would this be correct & will it harm his SE rankings if this is so. His site looks like the link below. (Have removed the real name)
    Thanks

http://hissitename.projects.mags.net.pk

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: Domain type query

Yes.
    Unfortunately, Google has not lifted the thick screening from in front of sub's, a leftover from the anti-spam efforts that last couple of years. Sub-domain abuse was a favorite of spammers, for the loophole of a verified/compliant Primary allowed for a "assumed" credibility window, thus, the loophole to be exploited.

Because most blogs and other similar dynamic utilities are often installed on associated Directories (sub's), this is the justification for the increased development of "SEO" plug-in's to enhance the sites themselves .... but it still does not resolve the overall quandry about sites that may have highly valued unique Content in their own right.

If the values attributable to this "second site" are of concern to preserve as well as promote, I personally would recommend a separate account, or in the least, setting it up as an add-on instead.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. Going to try & talk them over to VH if i can arrange the database transfer they have.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X