Happy thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy thanksgiving

To all my friends across the water, may I be the first to say...

H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G
    (For tomorrow)

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Happy thanksgiving

Hey.. ty ty... Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Hey.. ty ty... Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Karen
      We don't get TWO Christmas's Like you
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        We don't get TWO Christmas's Like you
        Yes.. you do.. You have Crumpus..(Germany) dunno what you call it in England.. Boxing day? The day where Santa delivers the bags of coal and sticks...Then you also have SYLVESTER.. kinda like our Mardi Gras.. dunno what you call that in England..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          Yes.. you do.. You have Crumpus..(Germany) dunno what you call it in England.. Boxing day? The day where Santa delivers the bags of coal and sticks...Then you also have SYLVESTER.. kinda like our Mardi Gras.. dunno what you call that in England..

Karen
          Well, if we do.... no one told me about them?

Boxing day yes... No santa... just a day to slouch down on the sofa, feeling like you ate an elephant the day before and watching an old rerun of a James Bond Movie.

As for Sylvester?????? Isn't he an animated cat?.. Never heard of that?

Comment

Hey Ramsey,

We're not doing much of anything but thanks for the good wishes. We're saving the turkey for Christmas in order to do things properly. (Americans more typically have ham at Christmas) I like turkey once a year but twice within a month's time is too much. We've told everyone we'll be out of town but we're just planning on watching movies all day......

Holiday or not for you, we send good wishes to you and Rachael as well....
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Well, if we do.... no one told me about them?

Boxing day yes... No santa... just a day to slouch down on the sofa, feeling like you ate an elephant the day before and watching an old rerun of a James Bond Movie.

As for Sylvester?????? Isn't he an animated cat?.. Never heard of that?
              Boxing Day.. yeah thats like our Thanksgiving. Im cooking for two days now..lol and havent even started the turkey!!

I cant remember what the Sylvester holiday translates to.. Wait thats new Years Eve

Neujahr (1 January), or New Year, is a public holiday in Germany. During the week before Catholic Lent, Fastnacht is celebrated in some regions, with fancy-dress balls, parades, and other celebrations. In the Rhineland-Palatinate, the first of the five days of Carnival is called Weiberfastnacht, or “Women’s Carnival”, a festival of song and dance known for its carefree nature and often bizarre events. This tradition was allegedly started in the town of Beuel in the early 19th century, when the laundrywomen grew tired of watching their husbands celebrating Carnival without them with the money they earned washing clothes, and in protest themselves began to celebrate.
              I lived in Bavaria and they always did this...LOL.. lots of fun.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                Hey Ramsey,

We're not doing much of anything but thanks for the good wishes. We're saving the turkey for Christmas in order to do things properly. (Americans more typically have ham at Christmas) I like turkey once a year but twice within a month's time is too much. We've told everyone we'll be out of town but we're just planning on watching movies all day......

Holiday or not for you, we send good wishes to you and Rachael as well....
                Cheers Bud! and Thank you for spelling Rachael correctly, not many do.

Ya what is it with Turkey? I love meat.. but Turkey? Why do we eat that... I'd rather have chicken or a nice steak.

We are off to Wales for a week away in a cottage (with heated pool), taking my son too so should be a great time.

Comment

We are off to Wales for a week away in a cottage (with heated pool), taking my son too so should be a great time.
                  Hey, sounds wonderful.... I'm envious! We had to cancel our holiday 'holiday' at the beach this year because we're building our new home and can't afford the money or time. Have a great time!
                  Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Worth missing for one year to have a home built to your spec though huh?

We are going here

Comment

Worth missing for one year to have a home built to your spec though huh?

Yes. we think so...... Our home will be a holiday at home, we hope.... Will post pics when it's done... likely early February

We are going here
                      WOW, very nice, mate! Have a wonderful time!
                      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                        WOW, very nice, mate! Have a wonderful time!
                        Thank you, we'll try our best to.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey
                          Tommorow its as always thanksgiving diner here at my house as its been for the last six years all the kids and gran kids will be here except one family of four which is my son family they can't make it other wise we will windup with 20 people here for dinner. My wife is cooking 2 twent pound turkeys and mydaughter is bring over a ten pouder turkey holy S8*t 50 pounds of turkey for 16 people you thing 50 pounds is enough. Well thanks again for the wish. I hope you have a good one on the holiday's that you have.

And to the rest of the voda host family Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                          sigpicJoe
                          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                            Thanks Ramsey
                            Tommorow its as always thanksgiving diner here at my house as its been for the last six years all the kids and gran kids will be here except one family of four which is my son family they can't make it other wise we will windup with 20 people here for dinner. My wife is cooking 2 twent pound turkeys and mydaughter is bring over a ten pouder turkey holy S8*t 50 pounds of turkey for 16 people you thing 50 pounds is enough. Well thanks again for the wish. I hope you have a good one on the holiday's that you have.

Well considering its not 50 lbs of meat... and figuring roughly 2 lbs per person plus sandwiches later.. yeah its about right.

Im cooking now.. will cook all nite.. last thing to go in the oven will be the turkey at about 4 am. It will slow roast til about noon..It will fall off the bone and be juicy tender. I think its a 25 or 26 lb bird.. Ill be back up about 9 am to start popping in the side dishes and making the snack trays for people will be arriving by 11.. some of them already here. Its fairly small this year.. about 12 people...but ive had years its been 50+ ... and cooking at least 3 turkeys and 30 lbs of potatoes and probably 15 lbs of stuffing.. and very little left overs..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                              Thanks Ramsey

Hi Joe, sounds like you might have the leftovers & makings for a nice turkey curry with the meat & a nice soup with the carcase. We always do this with our xmas bird.
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X