Change Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Logo

I want to change the top image and text that appear on all my pages.
    I opened the Home page in "Edit Pages", but the top image and text are not appearing. I tried looking at all the tutorials, but I can't figure out how to change the image and text if they do not appear in any of the boxes on the page editor.

Re: Can't Change Logo

If you provide a link we might be able to tell if that blank spot is a menu/logo html box/iframe pointing to another page with that info ????
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

When it comes to a template for your cart, it is the image that needs to be swapped out singularly, as it is not part of the 'editable' part of your pages that is accessible via your Admin panels. You need to do this manually by substituting the 'resource' itself in the Template Files.

You will first need to create an image (you can use Blue Voda and a screenshot, Paint, PSD, JASC, etc.), and then title it with the same name as the image you intend to replace (right-click on it > Properties will show you).
      Then you will use your BlueFTP tool to drill into the files for your Soholaunch site Template > Images > {find image to swap} and then copy down to your computer the original image for safekeeping, and then upload your new logo image in its place.

The exact steps are detailed clearly in the Soholaunch Support Forum (it is one of the most asked questions).
      The full Support options are available using the link in my signature below.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

LOL.. Depending on the Template you have and choose you can swap out the header or add your logo from the template manager with in the soho admin.

A Link is necessary to tell you this.

The BEST WAY to get your image in there properly the way you want is to EDIT The Template folders IMAGE thats already there or download the whole template folder, edit it with an html editor save and load it BACK to the website.

If this isnt a SOHO site it wont matter anyway.. which is WHY A LINK needs to be posted.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Here's the link. www.streamlinephotovideo.com
          I want to change the image. I also want to change the font! Is there an easy way to do this? I want "Streamline" on the 1st line and "photo video" on the 2nd line.

Comment

I tried to edit my last post but I was unable to. I added a <br> command to insert a line break, but I still want to change the font.

Comment

Re: Change Logo

If you download the template file, you can change the css style sheet and the font, font sizes colors and the whole ball of wax.

AGAIN.. you can do this in notepad.. but its much easier with an html editor.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Again I searched the links but I can't understand how to download the pages. I finally located my "index.html" page in "public_html/shopping" and downloaded it and opened it in Dreamweaver, but it is blank except for

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Javascript>
                window.location = "start.php?browse=1";
                </SCRIPT>

which is beyond my understanding. Right now I'm just trying to change the font of the header title, but I can't find it. In addition, I had added "<br> so "Photo Video" would appear on the 2nd line, which worked, but when I open up additional pages, like "Buy Now" links, the "<br> actually appears in the header!

Comment

DONT TOUCH THAT... find template folders.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Give me a hint, where are they hidden?

Comment

How about i just do it for you? Would that work for you...?

Did you download that pdf book on the template manager? NO

Did you browse about editing soho templates anywhere? NO

Lets just post and see if we can get someone to do it for us...

Seriously .. I dont mind helping but 99&#37; of this you can RESEARCH and find for yourself. I will be much quicker to assist someone who TRIES as ive already answered this.. at least 50 times. If you are going to be in business.. learn to do some of the work.

sohoadmin/program/sit****plates/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Honestly, before I post a question I attempt it myself, then I do a search on the forums, then I search the entire site and then I try again the next day. After much frustration I post a question to the forum, hoping that someone can answer my question clearly. I am not directing my questions to any one person, so I'm sorry you are taking my questions so personally. Believe me I'd rather be able to figure it all out myself, but building websites is inherently difficult and I'm trying to do the best that I can. All I asked was, where are the templates? T ftp'd my site and found no template folders. I never asked anyone to do the changes for me.

Comment

Honestly.. Vasili gave you the link to the soho forum.. they have a whole section on customizing templates.. not to mention the threads here.. had you just scrolled thru this section. These include WHERE to find the template folders, so does the pdf book on the template manager. This was in this very thread.. 2 or 3 posts up.

If you had went thru your folders on the cpanel.. you would have found it, granted you may have gone thru a few of them, but then you stopped, instead of continuing...

Im simply pointing out.. that you must be more thorough and take advantage of all the information already given you, before repeating the same sort of query.. no matter if the wording is different.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I just wanted to alter some text in my website. First I tried changing it in "Edit Pages" but the text is nowhere to be found. So I opend "Template Manager" but the text does not appear there either. And I tried every single section of the Template Manager. So I went to the soho forum where there are thousands and thousands of posts. I searched for "download template" and got no matches. I searched for "template" and found that it was located in public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages. I downloaded the Active 15-extras-sepia folder into my computer and opened it in Dreamweaver. Instead of the words "Streamline Photo Video", it said #LOGO#. I don't know what or where that links to. I still cannot find the text on the side that I want to rewrite as well. I joined this site to try and create a website without having to be well versed in html code. And I still do not see any pdf to download in Template Manager.

Comment

The pdf download is on the far right corner at the top.. last text link there.

#logo is just telling the template to include the LOGO if there is any. You can delete that and just insert and center whatever image you want right there. You can also leave the logo as long as it doesnt interfere with your spacing. Save.. you edit the FONT in the css file included in this folder. probably called syles.css

Anytime you do CUSTOMIZATION expect to learn to do some sort of coding.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X