Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please. index page comes up fine, but my links dont work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please. index page comes up fine, but my links dont work.

hello, I am very new to this and I have watched every tutorial and have read and re-read every post on this problem.

My index page is fine. it upload on the internet (from the adress bar); however, my links on that page do not work. They keep redirecting me back to the main page, when they are set to go to the pages I would like them to go to. Perhaps I am just a retard, but no matter what I do my links do not work.

When editing the links, there is a section, I believe that it is called 'tags' below where the link adress goes. It controls how the link will open. it has options such as: _self, _parent, _top, etc. Do one of these have to be enabled in order for the links to work? If so, Does anyone know which one just changes the page instead of opening up a new box. (I've been on sites like that, and they are very annoying, I want my site easy to use)

Also, I am not sure as in how to get my website to come up on the search engine. Is it always going to be a manual thing? I have my metatags and everything set up in the page properties, but for whatever reason, the site does not come up in search results.

As requested in other posts to aid in any advice, my domain/ URL is

my links are as follows:

I have been working on correcting the problem for several days now, however, I do not know what the problem is, only that my links keep redirecting me back to my home page (which is my index page, titled: index, and saved as index.bvp)

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
    Courtney Mason
    Forthofer Farm

Proud Home of Marystown Explosive Echo

http://www.forthoferfarm.com.

Re: Help please. index page comes up fine, but my links dont work.

Twice I have tried to open your home page to help you with your problem and twice you have froze my PC as a result! You need to sort out whatever it is that is on your home page because if this happens to all that visit your website then you will not only be penalised by the search engines but you will also have no visitors stay on your website.

Having said this, I FINALLY got your page to load and you are linking fine. Some of your pages load and some don't. The one's that don't I suggest the following:

Check the name you are saving them as is exactly the same as the name you are putting at the end of the link.

i.e. the names are case sensitive, I noticed you use capital letters in your page names which you shouldn;t by rule anyway.

Then if the names are correct and match the links I would suggest you try republishing those pages and see if that fixes it.

I would imagine though that your publishing is timing out.

Also: You have a navigation system on your home page and no other page so what do you expect your visitors to do when they click on a page then can't get back to view the rest of the website?

Food for thought...
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

page links seem ok..........

home link here needs checking
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
        page links seem ok..........

home link here needs checking
        http://www.forthoferfarm.com/Mares.html
        Cheers David!! Clicking that link froze my PC up again!! Serves me right I should have learn't the first time.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

What can I say.............you dont get to be Lt Gen for nothing...........lol
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Comment

I want to thank you guys for taking a look.

Marincky, I am sorry that the link froze your computer. It did the same to mine when I checked it out.

If I were to compress the files in control panel, would that help the pages to load easier, and not cause so many problems?

Thank you both for the suggestions, they are being implemented at this moment.

Thank you.
            Courtney Mason
            Forthofer Farm

Proud Home of Marystown Explosive Echo

http://www.forthoferfarm.com.

Comment

Originally posted by forthoferfarm View Post
              I want to thank you guys for taking a look.

Marincky, I am sorry that the link froze your computer. It did the same to mine when I checked it out.

If I were to compress the files in control panel, would that help the pages to load easier, and not cause so many problems?

Thank you both for the suggestions, they are being implemented at this moment.

Thank you.
              No worries.. I recovered LOL.

Trouble is, I can't tell you what the issue is as I don't want to risk clicking on it again. But , from what I DID see I am wondering if it's that background? I didn't download fully so can't say for sure, do you have any videos on the page? Check all your files, background, any other images for their size and compress them. You will get heavily penalised by the SE's for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                Cheers David!! Clicking that link froze my PC up again!! Serves me right I should have learn't the first time.
                The link is OK now, but that dark background makes it very hard to read the text on the page.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                X