Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my website showing in ASCII Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my website showing in ASCII Text?

Hello,
    I recently contsructed a web page with Bluevoda. For some reason when I renamed it from index.bvp to index.html and uploaded it to my server account it shows up in nothing but a bunch of garbage characters in firefox. Now, I don't have a Voda host account it is with a different hosting company. Does it matter? I have tried everything I know of to get it to show correctly but to no avail. I'm beginning to think you must have a Voda host account for the Bluevoda program. So I looked at also publishing it with Bluevoda's publishing tool but can't put in my server address. So looks like no go there too. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I removed it from my server so theres no way to see what I'm talking about unless I upload it again. If anybody would like to see what I'm talking about I can upload it so it can be seen...no problem. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas.

Kevin

Re: Why is my website showing in ASCII Text?

Thats because you can only publish index.bvp on vodahost servers. It then converts it to html. If you save it as html.. it wont work.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I was afraid of that! Bummer... I wish I would've known somehow before starting this project a few days ago that Bluevoda only works with their hosting...would've saved me a lot of time. Somewhere that needs to be posted or if it is to make it more obvious to people at least. Thanks!

Kevin

Comment

It is posted. Everywhere you can download it. Its free to download and use on your machine. Most just dont read past the FREE! Its proprietary software.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X