Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting started because I'm lost

my site is www.myfamilyfunspot.com

I need someone to point me in the right direction. A few MUST DO tips to make my vodahost account run smooth.

1.Such as,dns,vodahost domain,name servers,etc. Do I have to do all of these?

2.I got my domain through vodahost, do I still have to change name servers?

I'm a little confused. Please help me figure out where to go!!!
    catsgreen420

Re: Need help getting started because I'm lost

Don't worry about any of it, you're fine.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
      Don't worry about any of it, you're fine.

Thanks, do you know about any of these things? Do I have to do these things or what? I'm really confused. It's hard to know what to do 1st and what I have to do and don't have to do to get going.
      catsgreen420

Comment

To racefan20 - another question. I'm having trouble accessing soholauncher.
        Do you know anything about that?
        catsgreen420

Comment

If you registered your account with VodaHost, you don't need to worry about any of it. You'll know when you need it.

I'm not sure why you're having a problem with Soho. Do you have the latest version of IE?
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
            If you registered your account with VodaHost, you don't need to worry about any of it. You'll know when you need it.

I'm not sure why you're having a problem with Soho. Do you have the latest version of IE?
            I guess I have the latest version, I was able to get in one time yesterday but not since, I login with user and pass but then I get a white page that says:

Program should open in seperate window
            Note: Certain types of pop-up blocker software may prevent window from opening successfully.

click here to reopen window

when I click to reopen I get a blank page, I have pop-ups set to okay. I tried to R click and open or open in new window (which worked once) but I get nothing.
            catsgreen420

Comment

Well, it wouldn't hurt to download the newest version - 6 - from Microsoft just so you know for sure.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by catsgreen420
                I guess I have the latest version, I was able to get in one time yesterday but not since, I login with user and pass but then I get a white page that says:

Program should open in seperate window
                Note: Certain types of pop-up blocker software may prevent window from opening successfully.

click here to reopen window

when I click to reopen I get a blank page, I have pop-ups set to okay. I tried to R click and open or open in new window (which worked once) but I get nothing.
                Does that to me to all the time. I just close the white popup, click on the message again and it starts ok
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Does that to me to all the time. I just close the white popup, click on the message again and it starts ok
                  I've done that several times but I just keep getting the white screen.
                  Which is better anyway, bluevoda or soholauncher? I can get into bluevoda easily.
                  catsgreen420

Comment

I've done that several times but I just keep getting the white screen.
                    Which is better anyway, bluevoda or soholauncher? I can get into bluevoda easily.
                    Blue Voda is excellent as a WYSIWYG html generator. It will allow you to build exactly what you need. But you will have to add some things made outside BV. Soholaunch works with templates, and though you can even create and load your own ones, it's more restricting. On the other hand it has LOTS of features: Database Manager (with user defined tables and research features, Blog, Photo gallery, form generator, shopping cart, statistics, newlwtter, event calendar and so on. Discover them for yourself after you install it again. I suggest that you delete the installation you have done, or if you haven't done anything yet reboot your server, and reinstall it. Before you do this try a little trick: in the first screen, where you must click on the message to get the admin. page opened, try reloading the page by pressing F5 some times, then click again on the message.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Blue Voda is excellent as a WYSIWYG html generator. It will allow you to build exactly what you need. But you will have to add some things made outside BV. Soholaunch works with templates, and though you can even create and load your own ones, it's more restricting. On the other hand it has LOTS of features: Database Manager (with user defined tables and research features, Blog, Photo gallery, form generator, shopping cart, statistics, newlwtter, event calendar and so on. Discover them for yourself after you install it again. I suggest that you delete the installation you have done, or if you haven't done anything yet reboot your server, and reinstall it. Before you do this try a little trick: in the first screen, where you must click on the message to get the admin. page opened, try reloading the page by pressing F5 some times, then click again on the message.
                      www.myfamilyfunspot.com is my site

I was able to get in to sohoadmin using your F5 trick. Thanks a bunch!!!!
                      Now I can't view website, everytime I click on it, I go back to the main menu.
                      (Even if I try the F5 trick)
                      catsgreen420

Comment

www.myfamilyfunspot.com is my site

I was able to get in to sohoadmin using your F5 trick. Thanks a bunch!!!!
                        Now I can't view website, everytime I click on it, I go back to the main menu.
                        (Even if I try the F5 trick)
                        Save edited pages. Open another window in IE and type in your domain name as if you were visiting your site. Leave this window oopen. Every time you make changes, go to that window and refresh the page by F5
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Save edited pages. Open another window in IE and type in your domain name as if you were visiting your site. Leave this window oopen. Every time you make changes, go to that window and refresh the page by F5
                          Thanks navaldesign!!! You really have been very helpful to me (now and in the past)!!! I really appreciate the info. Thanks for not letting this newbie get on your nerves!!!!
                          catsgreen420

Comment

Thanks navaldesign!!! You really have been very helpful to me (now and in the past)!!! I really appreciate the info. Thanks for not letting this newbie get on your nerves!!!!
                            You're welcome.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X