Changing your domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing your domain name

Well I've confused myself yet again,(but the moments of confusion seem to be getting fewer and farther between).
    Because I decided I could improve the seo of the blog I just started, by changing the domain name from www.cashblog-n.com to www.money-blogging.com I did just that, well...sort of.
    I bought the new domain, pointed it to BV, added it as an add-on domain in c-Panel (money-blogging.com),deleted to other add-on domain (cash-blig-n.com), and redirected (at my registrar) it to the new one. I also changed the file name in FTP manager to money-blogging.com.
    Now both domains take you to the page my registrar parks domains on.
    Should I put things back the way they were and just point the new domain to the old one?

Re: Changing your domain name

Originally posted by jerryl View Post
    I also changed the file name in FTP manager to money-blogging.com.
    That's the bit you confused me with?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You have to point your domain names to vodahost servers. If your domain registrar has a park and point, you can point the first one (redirect) to the second.

If not you need to do a 301 redirect in htacess to redirect the domain to the second. In the instance of the second formation you still need to have BOTH addons in your cpanel.

You can also do a redirect in your cpanel if you cant manage the htacess file. Both domains need to point to the voda servers in these last examples. Both domains need to be in cpanel

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your responses,
        I guess you can name the files in file manager anything you want...it doesn't matter?
        I got things back the way they were I think, the blog can be accessed at www.cashblog-n.com, I have two addon domains, cashblog-n.com, and money-blogging.com.
        Both are pointed to vodahost so now I think I'll wait until tomorrow, and try to end up with both domains getting you to the site with my new one in the address bar.
        I'm learning more tech stuff everyday with your help, thanks alot,
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X