Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does by preview look different then the design page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does by preview look different then the design page?

I have designed a page but when I preview it the site is much wider and there is lots of blank space on the right and left. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Why does by preview look different then the design page?

You are not doing anything wrong...........BV deals with absolutes, so as long as the page has been centered, then most browsers will display your page correctly.

You can add a background(choice of your colour) which will take up any space (left and right) by clicking on any empty part of your page(page properties) and choose the background colour required.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by Jollytime View Post
      I have designed a page but when I preview it the site is much wider and there is lots of blank space on the right and left. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, Jollytime. I had the same problem with my preview page not looking like my work page.... If David's ideas didn't fix the problem, go into properties and see what width your page is across ... When I doodled and tweaked around with the width numbers my problem was solved.. Good luck...it takes time and and a lot of tweaking for the luck to happen sometimes!

Comment

If you build the page all the way to the left.. x.y. axis at 0, when you use page properties to center it will be center. Only reason to have to doodle the numbers is if you try to build it in the center of the bv viewer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X