Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating email accounts for different users

hello

i have some friends who want to have their email accounts on my website but i don't know how to do this. i think it has something to do with mysql databases but i am not sure.

could someone help me do that?
    step by step, idiot compliant (:D) instructions would be welcome

thanks

Re: creating email accounts for different users

Please read Vodahost Terms of Service(TOS) before going any further with this idea:

10) E and G
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hi david

are these 2 articles the ones that you wanted me to read:
      e) Offer services to third parties that are run off of VodaHost's servers.
      g)
      Run an email server offering free or paid email accounts to the general public. Example: Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, GMail ,etc...????

if so, i do not understand what "run an email server" means. also, i think i have nothing to do with yahoo, gmail etc etc

i just want to create an email account for a friend of mine so that he can use my websites email account to take care of the email when i won't be able to do that. i do not understand why this would be prohibited and i didn't even think of it like that when i signed up with vodahost. i assumed that all hosting companies would let their cutomers have at least 5-10 if not unlimited email accounts.

i also know that i might have not understood a damn of what you were saying or suggesting (:p) therefore please do give more info/advices. i know a thing for sure and that thing is that i need to create an email account for my friend and i need to do it in accordance with the TOS :)

looking forward to hearing from you or from anyone who could help me solve this problem

Comment

Hi Monere

Yes, those are the 2 paragraphs that might apply if you start giving out email accounts to your stated FRIENDS

For your friends to access those email accounts, you would have to give them your cpanel password which is not advised.

I am only trying to help you to avoid making a mistake by giving out email accounts which are NOT for your own use..........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

ok thx i got it. i won't let anyone else access the email account of my website (hence give them the password to my cpanel) but what else can i do about it then? it's hard to believe that such a big company like vodahost doesn't allow more than one individual to access a common email account of an ordinary website

regards

Comment

Ther are ways. You can both set up the same email address on outlook, but if one opens it on his pc, it will not show on the other.

OR, when you go away and want him to look after your emails put a forward on it?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi marincky

yes i thought too about the forwarder but the outlook thing is not appealing to me. for some reason i hate outlook and pop email accounts (don't know why but i'm more comfortable with the old fashion email)

anyway, like i was saying: putting a forwarder on my email account is easy to do and solves only a part of my problem.

here's the thing: the website i'm talking about and that is hosted with vodahost of course (devidis.com-under construction) is for my father's constructions company. the thing is that i need to create an email account for a friend of us who is taking care of our business abroad and must keep contact with different people. therefore he needs an email account (not necessaily the companys main email account) but he needs one. and the problem is that i don't know how to create one for him. that was my concern until now because from now on i have another problem with the TOS of vodahost :(

thank you all for your honest replies and looking forward to sort this thing out asap

regards,
              ionel (monere)

Comment

I don't understand why you can't just set up an email for them? You can have unlimited emails? Am I missing something? Sorry
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi again marincky

no, you're not missing anything :)

that's what i also thought (that i can have unlimited email accounts) but my first post here today was about how to create email account for a friend of mine and when i asked this davidundalicia told me that i will break the TOS of vodahost by creating email accounts for someone else. i don't know why is that but i do not want to cause any problems because i like vodahost and i like the bluevoda website builder.

this is what is all about :)
                  i just wanted to get help on how to create a common friend@mywebsite.com email account and i was warned about breaking the vodahost TOS by doing this :(

and now i have no idea what to do next

Comment

Marincky is right, in that if you set up an email account specifically intending Outlook to retrieve email, you are the one to set the User Name and exclusive Password to the email account which has nothing to do with your Control Panel logon information (thus maintaining Security).

You just need to be sure that it is somehow available on the website for people to send to!

You can have a "general" email account (like, "reception@-" or even "support@-") or one with a person's name ("john.doe@-") and any of them can have separate logon passwords that you can distribute any way you choose, and change later just as easily.

However, when setting up email accounts, keep in mind the TOS with regard to limitations (#/hr processing, server resources allocations, etc.) so as not to "profile" your account as abusive in any manner based on use that you are ultimately responsible for......
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by monere View Post
                      hi again marincky

no, you're not missing anything :)

that's what i also thought (that i can have unlimited email accounts) but my first post here today was about how to create email account for a friend of mine and when i asked this davidundalicia told me that i will break the TOS of vodahost by creating email accounts for someone else. i don't know why is that but i do not want to cause any problems because i like vodahost and i like the bluevoda website builder.

this is what is all about :)
                      i just wanted to get help on how to create a common friend@mywebsite.com email account and i was warned about breaking the vodahost TOS by doing this :(

and now i have no idea what to do next
                      Just go for it my friend.. You'll be fine.

Comment

Hi, if you want to cover yourself, when you set up each account, just set the quota on each account. this will help stop anyone bulk emailing. This can be done on each account in your cpanel>mail>Add,remove,manage accounts>quota.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok. i thought about setting a quota too

now i know what i have to do. thank you all for your support :)

have a great week

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X