Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domain Names etc PLEASE HELP

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've logged onto the forum. Hope everyone is well.

OK, I have a few things to discuss:

1)

I paid for Tri-Annual Billing for the domain "adamsposters.com" - I got one free domain registration for purchasing the Tri-Annual Billing method, so does that mean I have to pay to register the domain name "adamsposters.com" for every year AFTER year one?

2)

I have another website I wish to open.

The website I wish to open is a .com domain, and is registered elsewhere.

I also have the .net and .org domain names registered with the same company.

* How do I transfer the .com, .net and .org domain names onto Vodahost?

As well as this, I did register the .co.uk domain name on Vodahost, and purchased the minimum 2 year period, but this was on the account I purchased "adamsposters.com" with.

* I want to purchase the Tri-Annual Billing method for the .com domain name, and add-on the .net, .org and .co.uk domain names . . . How do I do this as the .co.uk domain name is already registered with Vodahost.

Please help me, anyone, if you can, as I would like to get this sorted out asap.

I appreciate all help, as always!

Thank you in advance,
    Ad

Re: Multiple Domain Names etc PLEASE HELP

Please do not post your question more than once!! You will answered in time. Duplicate posting usually means you will be ignored.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Duplicate posting means ihave to run around and sort out two threads instead of just moving one.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Eh . . . Are my posts being deleted?

I explained why I created a duplicate.

Cheers,
        Ad

Comment

Originally posted by Adz931 View Post
          Hi guys,

Been a while since I've logged onto the forum. Hope everyone is well.

OK, I have a few things to discuss:

1)

I paid for Tri-Annual Billing for the domain "adamsposters.com" - I got one free domain registration for purchasing the Tri-Annual Billing method, so does that mean I have to pay to register the domain name "adamsposters.com" for every year AFTER year one?

Domain renewals are usually once every two years

2)

I have another website I wish to open.

The website I wish to open is a .com domain, and is registered elsewhere.

I also have the .net and .org domain names registered with the same company.

* How do I transfer the .com, .net and .org domain names onto Vodahost?

There's nothing to stop you keeping the domains where they are and just repointing them to your VH account.

As well as this, I did register the .co.uk domain name on Vodahost, and purchased the minimum 2 year period, but this was on the account I purchased "adamsposters.com" with.

* I want to purchase the Tri-Annual Billing method for the .com domain name, and add-on the .net, .org and .co.uk domain names . . . How do I do this as the .co.uk domain name is already registered with Vodahost.

If all these websites belong to you then there is no need to open any more accounts. You simply add the new domains as 'add-ons' in your CP.

Please help me, anyone, if you can, as I would like to get this sorted out asap.

I appreciate all help, as always!

Thank you in advance,
          Ad
          Hope this helps.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Oh, right . . .

. . . So, does this mean I just have to pay for each add-on domain.

I will then have:

* adamsposters.com as a website
            * (new site) .com as a website, and redirect .org, .net and .co.uk to .com?
            * All these using the one Tri-Annual package?
            * Would I be able to use a separate SohoLaunch on the new .com site?

Thank you very much for your help!

I'm sorry I'm so dumb when it comes to this sort of thing!

Ad

Comment

Originally posted by Adz931 View Post
              Oh, right . . .

. . . So, does this mean I just have to pay for each add-on domain.

Yes, just the domain

I will then have:

* adamsposters.com as a website
              * (new site) .com as a website, and redirect .org, .net and .co.uk to .com?
              * All these using the one Tri-Annual package?
              * Would I be able to use a separate SohoLaunch on the new .com site?

Yes Yes and Yes, you can have one soho per account and this can be on one domain.

Thank you very much for your help!

I'm sorry I'm so dumb when it comes to this sort of thing!

Ad
              You're welcome

Comment

One Soho per account?

That would mean I would have to open another account??

I already use Soho on adamsposters.com and I would like to use Soho on my other, new .com site.

Thank you,
                Ad

Comment

ahh ok, sorry didn't realise, then yes I believe you need a seperate account.

Comment

Right, OK, that's sorted now, thank you very much.

Obviously I will now create an account for .com, after I have transferred the domain . . . Is there a way of moving the .co.uk domain name from my current account to this other, new, second account?

Ad

Comment

as i said before, you can just repoint the domain to that new acount, you don't have to move the domain as such.

Comment

Will I have to pay to keep the domain names with the company they are with now?

I don't want to have to pay Vodahost and another company . . .

I know I may be sounding very fague, but I need to be sure before I do anything.

Thank you,
                        Ad

Comment

You only pay one company for your domain. VH will only charge you for the hosting account.

Comment

Ah, right, so basically, I need to see which is cheaper for the domain registration!?

I think Vodahost will be the best!

Ad

Comment

OK

Comment

Working...
                              X