Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One for the UK readers. But could be adapted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the UK readers. But could be adapted.

A young man named Gordon bought a horse from an old farmer for £100.
    The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day, but when the farmer drove up he said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse is on my truck, but unfortunately he's dead.'
    Gordon replied, 'Well then, just give me my money back.'
    The farmer said, 'I can't do that, because I've spent it already.'
    Gordon said, 'OK then, we'll just unload the horse anyway.'
    The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him?'
    Gordon answered, 'I'm going to raffle him off.' To which the farmer exclaimed, 'Surely you can't raffle off a dead horse!'
    But Gordon, with a wicked smile on his face said, 'Of course I can, you watch me. I just won't bother to tell anybody that he's dead.'
    A month later the farmer met up with Gordon and asked, 'What happened with that dead horse?'
    Gordon said, 'I raffled him off, sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece, and made a huge, fat profit!!'
    Totally amazed, the farmer asked, 'Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the horse being dead?'
    To which Gordon replied, 'The only guy who found out about the horse being dead was the raffle winner when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his £2 raffle ticket money back plus an extra £200, which as you know is double the going rate for a horse, so he thought I was a great guy!!'
    Gordon grew up and eventually became the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and no matter how many times he lied, or how much money he stole from the British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them, unfortunately, still thought he was a great guy.
    The moral of this story is that, if you thi nk Gordon is about to play fair and do something for the everyday people of the country for once in his miserable, lying life, think again my friend, because you'll be better off flogging a dead horse !!!!
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: One for the UK readers. But could be adapted.

Chris That story could just as well be told about all our politicians on this side of the pond!!!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by SAman View Post
      Chris That story could just as well be told about all our politicians on this side of the pond!!!!
      Hi Mike, i would go as far to say this is an international problem with all the P's.
      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

LOL too true, too true!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

So true!!!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

And, in Gordon, Chris, I'm afraid you're stuck with a 'dead horse' at least for now. Maybe next you'll get a 'winner' as we hope we have.
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

'dead horse'! Your far to polite Ken. lol. Brown wasn't even voted in. The last one new what was coming & got out in time.
              We will have to see what your new president will do? But! i must admit he certainly feels right. McCain may of appealed to many Americans, but i think Obama appealed to the world. Which is far more important these days with the way things are going.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X