Domain Transfer, what to do w/ email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer, what to do w/ email?

Hello. I am helping a friend redesign her website. We plan on redesigning in BlueVoda.

Question 1: When we are ready to publish the new website I am suppose to contact the current hosting person, and request that they repoint the DNS to ns1.voda27.com AND ns2.voda27.com....correct?

Question 2: She currently has an email hername@herdomainname.com. How do I go about changing that? Is it something I need to do before or after the domain switch? Is there a tutorial for this?

Re: Domain Transfer, what to do w/ email?

Hello

Question 1 - Yes you will need to change the name servers to those of VH, which you will find in your email from them. Yes you will have to make a phone call if you don't have the facility to change the name servers your self.

Question 2 - If you have signed up to VH you will recieve login details to access a control panel (CP). In here you can set up email addresses for this domain. You will have to create passwords for these email addresses. Remember these because you will need them for when you configure your email program ie Outlook/ Outlook Express.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Domain Transfer, what to do w/ email?

... I am pretty sure there is a tutorial for setting up emails in the Control Panel
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
      X