This recession is great no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This recession is great no?

Don't know about you guys but so far this recession is brill...

I just bought a new PC and saved due to the shops selling at desperate prices and the government reducing VAT.

My food shopping is much less in cost.

My Google Adsense revenue is much much higher due to the change in exchange rate.

Oh and if I want it I can have a loan with hardly any interest!

Thanks American Banks for messing up... I owe you!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: This recession is great no?

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
    My Google Adsense revenue is much much higher due to the change in exchange rate.
    Yeah but it's killing us as Sharon has a monthly pension from the UK. And if we'd taken our European holiday today instead of last May we'd spend
    5000 US less lol.

Seriously though, I think AdSense is a good strategy now as people are not spending but they're still clicking.

Glad to hear you're doing well, mate.....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Ouch! Not so good for you then?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well, we're still building a new home... we'll survive. We're selling treatments but not much product off our main site. Sharon's making money writing articles which are AdSense based and we own a bunch of domains designed to be AdSense based and aid in gathering traffic. It will be a few months more till I can get back to that but it's a plan that will still work, I believe. Someday people will start spending money on 'extras' again.

But, alas, every dollar we used to get from the Uk is now only about 60 cents.
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

You have email Ken.

Comment

Gotcha Buddy.....
            Ken

Comment

Hi Ram,

"I just bought a new PC and saved due to the shops selling at desperate prices and the government reducing VAT."

What about last night's news report?

2 Million Americans have already lost their jobs?

U should start a movement for the UK Govt to abolish the VAT
              to compensate for the reduction of the base lending rate which
              does not benefit the everyday man and women who depend on the
              interest on their savings to survive.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Actually - it's a mixed blessing here also - my retirement accounts are down considerably, but my daily expenses are much less - especially with gas prices down so much. If they'll stay down, I'll be thrilled come spring/summer. But I don't like my retirment money being so far down - means I might have to work more and make more :)
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

My food shopping is much less in cost.
                  Wow! It's not that way here. Even though gasoline is way down right now, I see the grocery prices going up each week. Lots of reasons: ethanol causes corn prices to rise and then livestock goes up because corn is fodder for them which makes meat go up....all the way down to the squirrel feed.
                  But cash-flow-wise (not talking about savings) it's great to be retired and have pensions coming in and not having to worry about layoffs. I know a lot of people around here who have lost their jobs.

And believe it or not, my wife is selling more of her 'specialty product" from the site than ever! And getting orders for multiples - used to be pretty much one at a time. Just got an order for 5 different ones! Of course, that's HER money...
                  I probably wouldn't put them into the category of a 'necessity'
                  Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                  Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                  Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Ok, so petrol's back down to where it was a year ago, my husband won't get any payrise this year and unless his company gets the orders in won't have a job next year, the shopping bill gets no smaller (might be 'cos my son is growing bigger!), credit card interest is just as high....

Oh, and as the building trade is so poor, what's really hurting is trying to find shavings for my horse. She uses 2 - 3 bales a week, and I managed to get 3 this week for £8 each. They used to be £5! (Bet you didn't realise the recession was affecting horse owners!).

Guess it's what you're doing and where you are that dictates whether the recession is good or bad....

It's an ill wind as they say....

But I agree about Adsense - it always bottoms out for me around Christmas, but though the dollars coming in are falling, the sterling I'm receiving is going up! :)
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Gas is down to $1.46 us gal. but that's all that has gone down, unless you count the number of jobs. My son has been with us since June and is finally starting a job that is 40 hrs. a week. Things are still going up, food rent.....
                      things are going to get worse I am afraid. My retirement has lost around 30% in the last months. I will have to work until I'm 95..

Oh yeh this recession is great!!!
                      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Worse thing about recent changes is the pound to the dollar, as I buy my make up stock from the states and the exchange rate was a high of $2 - £1 and now you only get $1.50, so it has become impossible to make anything until it changes, hopefully a change of president will help.

Apart from that I have not felt any pinch really and it seems to have woke the goverment up to the high cost of living, a few words have come out, let's see if they back it up with action.
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                        X