Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, something is NOT working on my pages here ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, something is NOT working on my pages here ...

I'm having a problem (www.clooneydesigns4u.com) -- i've created my index (home) page, got that up and running, and am getting the OTHER pages done to try and finish this website (upon working many hours and a husband and 12 year old step-son ...hahaha). Anyway, this is where I'm stuck COMPLETELY and I've tried EVERYTHING --

I need for others to be able to click on the ORANGE CHOICES, (links?) - one being the "CONTACT US" button, I've created the page, opened as a new page, dolled it all up simple, saved it as
    contact_us

then did the page properties, made sure that all was COINCIDING such as the "contact_us.html" and the way I saved it and linked it in page properties also - and CANNOT get it to work?

Whenever you go to click on the CONTACT US - it brings up the infospace page as if there IS no created "contact us" part to my site? What is wrong here?

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've clicked on the "naming my pages" a million times, watched it WHEN it was working about two weeks ago, and now when I click to make sure I'm doing all of this right, that's the ONE VIDEO TUTORIAL that won't work.

Any help?????

Thanks ...
    Katie

Re: Ok, something is NOT working on my pages here ...

Originally posted by IrelandsAngelEyes
    I'm having a problem (www.clooneydesigns4u.com) -- i've created my index (home) page, got that up and running, and am getting the OTHER pages done to try and finish this website (upon working many hours and a husband and 12 year old step-son ...hahaha). Anyway, this is where I'm stuck COMPLETELY and I've tried EVERYTHING --

I need for others to be able to click on the ORANGE CHOICES, (links?) - one being the "CONTACT US" button, I've created the page, opened as a new page, dolled it all up simple, saved it as
    contact_us

then did the page properties, made sure that all was COINCIDING such as the "contact_us.html" and the way I saved it and linked it in page properties also - and CANNOT get it to work?

Whenever you go to click on the CONTACT US - it brings up the infospace page as if there IS no created "contact us" part to my site? What is wrong here?

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've clicked on the "naming my pages" a million times, watched it WHEN it was working about two weeks ago, and now when I click to make sure I'm doing all of this right, that's the ONE VIDEO TUTORIAL that won't work.

Any help?????

Thanks ...
    Katie

Go in BlueFTP, connect to your site and check if the "contact_us.html" page is there, and if it is under this name.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

here's a stupid question ....

How do I get into BlueFTP?? OMG, I MUST be doing something wrong???

Comment

here's a stupid question ....

How do I get into BlueFTP?? OMG, I MUST be doing something wrong???
        In BV,
        go to Tools, FTP Manager, and when FTP opens, Click on "Connect". Give your username and password. It will get you to your public_html folder, the default folder of your site. Browse to see if your page is there.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

kay, doing it now - brb.

Comment

alright, it's there ---under contact_us.htmlThat's exactly what I saved it under and all? Now where do i go?? Thank you so much for helping me - I'm leaving it open until I hear back ......

Comment

alright, it's there ---under contact_us.htmlThat's exactly what I saved it under and all? Now where do i go?? Thank you so much for helping me - I'm leaving it open until I hear back ......
              Ok, make a trick: save it again on your computer, Giving "Save as" and TYPING AGAIN the "contact_us" in the file nyme. Then Re publish. Let's see what is going on
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, make a trick: save it again on your computer, Giving "Save as" and TYPING AGAIN the "contact_us" in the file name. Then Re publish. Let's see what is going on
                Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, your page is there now
                  Navaldesign

Comment

did it, RE-saved it, did "save as" and typed in contact_us, all lowercase letters, it said that there was already a file saved, did I want to replace it, I said yes, and republished - then went to the site, clicked on the "contact us" orange button, and nothing......?

is there a certain way I need to make sure it is LINKED to the INDEX page that maybe I messed up?

Comment

well, yes - the CLOONEY PAGE (home page) is there, was always there, but when you click on the CONTACT US orange button, it brings up some info page that is not mine??

Comment

did it, RE-saved it, did "save as" and typed in contact_us, all lowercase letters, it said that there was already a file saved, did I want to replace it, I said yes, and republished - then went to the site, clicked on the "contact us" orange button, and nothing......?

is there a certain way I need to make sure it is LINKED to the INDEX page that maybe I messed up?
                        Your page is there now, click on http://www.clooneydesigns4u.com/contact_us.html
                        Navaldesign

Comment

ok .....

now ............ how do i get that page to SHOW UP when someone goes to my MAIN INDEX page (the home page) AND CLICKS on the orange button that says "contact us"????

Comment

ok .....

now ............ how do i get that page to SHOW UP when someone goes to my MAIN INDEX page (the home page) AND CLICKS on the orange button that says "contact us"????
                            Redo the link in the CONTACT button and republish the Index page
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              Redo the link in the CONTACT button and republish the Index page
                              Your problem is that you have forgotten the .com in your link
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X