A voice to the nations - Hi there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A voice to the nations - Hi there!

Hi everyone! First time logging in on this site - and Im very glad to be here. However, I feel Im hitting my head against a brick wall trying to build my website. My plug-in speakers dont seem to be working, so its a bit of a laugh that with a Title like mine - A voice to the nations - I cant even get my voice to reach myself!! HA HA Never mind, time will tell.. I am sitting here in Helensville, Auckland, and its a very wet day. It never rains but it pours at the moment.. its either so hot that you peel after one day in the sun and the fan is a must, or its wet. I wish you all the best day. Kind regards, Jo.

Re: A voice to the nations - Hi there!

Welcome Jo to Vodaland . I hope you get your voice back soon.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Marincky! I was just checking out a few of your postings. Had a laugh about the Dont Mess with the US Marines. Sent it on to a buddy of mine who I guess will appreciate it. Looking forward to checking out your site now and again for a laugh.

Where do you live? How come you responded so quickly?

Regards, Jo.

PS Saw another newbie message - said they were gona use VodaHost - I thought s/he said VodaLost! and sympathised with him/her cos thats where Im at. Shouldve had my glasses on..

Comment

Jo, I live in the UK but I rarely sleep.. I am sure it will catch up on me one day. It's 2am here. What time is it the opposite side of the world?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Oh yes, I see that the senders location is displayed in the upper right corner. It is 3.11pm. Yep, Im lacking a bit of sleep as well, tho thats not the norm. Gota go out to something tonite and dont wana look like death warmed up. It rained last night and we have couches on the deck, and the 'new' roofing is not working so good - so I scurried out to pull couches to where they (and their contents - i.e. unfolded clean washing) would be dry. Bit hard to sleep after that. So decided to go and check out Free Webpage makers online - googled that and found Vodahost.

My title Voice to the nations is significant for me. Had been a hard-out, born-again, Christian - but the church palled for me.. I had an epiphanous? experience while wide awake on 4/4/04 - i.e. the huge head and neck of an angel appeared above my husbands legs (he and my 9mnth old were lying on either side) and this 'herald' yelled so loud I thought everyone must wake up, but they didnt, RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!! As if he was saying, Receive the Queen, or something. Then some stuff happened that may not be your cup of tea, so I wont go on, but in fact I was commissioned.

So, here now in 2008, I feel I am the most unlikely VOICE that most churchgoers could imagine - divorced and now happily remarried. I am still branded an adulterer by many. I am 50 years old, with 9 children, a WOMAN (ooo), and also love to write.

So I have the means now to be that Voice to the Nations, and if I can just manage to build my Website, Ill be all set to go. Im actually gona get help from a computer friend of mine - thats easier.

Regards, Jo.

Comment

I look forward to seeing your work, I have a feeling it will be interesting reading.

Comment

Welcome Jo, you will find BV easy to learn. Just play around with it and all it features, also read the threads and you will find many tips and tricks you can use your self. Just remember in order to publish you will need a hosting acoount with VodaHost. Good Luck.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Welcome Jo, I can't wait to see some of your writing..I'm a believer too.
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  I look forward to seeing your work, I have a feeling it will be interesting reading.
                  Good morning Marincky! Hope you slept - its so good. Ha ha - Yes I look forward to seeing my work too!

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                    Welcome Jo, you will find BV easy to learn. Just play around with it and all it features, also read the threads and you will find many tips and tricks you can use your self. Just remember in order to publish you will need a hosting acoount with VodaHost. Good Luck.
                    Gidday D'son! Im sure that if I could get my speakers to work, the tutorials would be very helpful. Im enjoying the language on this site, just gota become familiar with it - not used to 'threads' etc. Was it you that posted the thread (see, getting into it!) about Dont mess with the US Army? for Marines? or whatever it was. Enjoyed that. Sent it on to a friend.

Why will my (eventual) Website be considered publishing, and why will I need a hosting account? What is that, and whats the difference to just putting up a thread?

Nice to hear from you. Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                      Welcome Jo, I can't wait to see some of your writing..I'm a believer too.
                      Hi Sharon. I am so looking forward to getting started. It will be interesting reading. Off to work eh? wish I could say the same. This recession is terrible! Ive been self-employed for about 15 years, and this year, Ive already done all but three of my clients up to March of 2009, so have been job hunting for the predictability and reliability of a Salary or wage. Much much easier said than done.

Have a great day. Regards, Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by A voice to the nations View Post
                        Why will my (eventual) Website be considered publishing, and why will I need a hosting account? What is that, and whats the difference to just putting up a thread?

Nice to hear from you. Jo.
                        You can post threads without a hosting account, the difference is once you create your web pages (many make up a site once they are linked) you will need to publish it. This will make it viewable on the web, to do this you will need a hosting account and BV will only work on VodaHost.
                        Good Luck.
                        Reguards
                        Ed
                        www.dsondesigns.com
                        www.300hitter.com
                        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                          You can post threads without a hosting account, the difference is once you create your web pages (many make up a site once they are linked) you will need to publish it. This will make it viewable on the web, to do this you will need a hosting account and BV will only work on VodaHost.
                          Good Luck.
                          Oh ok, thanks for that.

Comment

Your welcome
                            Reguards
                            Ed
                            www.dsondesigns.com
                            www.300hitter.com
                            www.bigjk.net