Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping costs

Hi

With the shooping cart is there someway of calculating by kilo weight? because of the postage in Australia is a bit different. As the postage rate is atm being added up by each product brought.

Also we tried to do an outside offline calculation but the email didnt come through for me to reply with the shipping costs. How do the customers then pay once they have finished in my site using this system?? Is there some way of them putting in to use online direct debit???

Regards Sharon
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com

Re: Shipping costs

The email did eventually come through for the order, there didn't seem to be anything on there though to reply back to the customer the postage cost.
    I am guessing that you must have to transfer order to another invoice including postage cost and send back to the supplied email address.
    This seems a long way round plus the delay of about 3hrs in receiving the order.

Has anyone used this method of offline postage costing if so how did it work for you
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

The best way to overcome this is to add text to your order form stating that over seas and combined weights that the customers will be emailed with the cost off shipping before confirmation of order. then you can calculate the shipping cost and send them an email, you can also set it up that the email has a paypal button order link on it for that amount.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for your reply, sounds easy enough but I'm a real novice at this so sorry if it sounds dumb but:-
        the order form is that already in the shoping cart area somewhere as I can't find it, or do I need to make a new form and attach it to every product page with just the message about the postage calculation???

Also how do I get a paypal button attached to my own email ????

Thanks for any help
        Desaran Siberian Huskies
        Queensland, Australia
        www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

it's does depend on the type of shopping cart you are using to start with. but it is important that the item that needs a shipping cost added does not go though the payment module of the shoping cart. but to a order form where you can the calculate the cost and send them the full price.
          paypal has buttons for the email option on there site which are html based. or use there request money option.

if you check out this site http://www.canadianfavourites.com/Ke...elloggs002.htm addd a item to to the view cart, then view the cart you will see that they email all over seas orders with the costs,
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X