• Addon or Re-direct?

Good evening,
    I am confused!
    I have 4 domain names in all.
    Domain 1.com
    Domain 1.co.uk
    Domain 2.com
    Domain 2.co.uk

Domain 1.com is being hosted by Voda (Although all are registered with 123-reg but DNS changed to Voda on all of them).
    I want Domain 1.co.uk to go to Domain 1.com. Do I redirect it or do I put it as an addon in Cpanel?

Secondly, I want Domain 2.com as a seperate web site, independant of Domain 1.com and Domain 1.co.uk. Do I need another package for this or can I host it within my existing package?
    Thank you.
    Regards
    Simon Cooper

Re: Addon or Re-direct?

Hi ...

Yes, on your first question do a redirect ..

For your second question .. do an add on domain .. you can host as many domains in your one voda hosting account as you like .. remember to publish to your add on domain you will need to type the add on domain after public_html .. as this will be in its own directory ... an index page is still required for all domains .. and you should consider making a folder on yhour own computer to put this add on domains .bvp files in .. this will prevent overwriting any existing files with your main domain .. as some .bvp files will have the same name ... eg - index or contact etc.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you very much. I have been watching and reading tutorials till they are coming out of my ears.
      You're a diamond!
      (What a brilliant system this is).
      Regards
      Simon

Comment

Sorry,
        One other quick one. Do I have to add the .co.uk one in addon first and then re-direct it to the .com one? ie .add all four in addon and re-direct 2 of them?
        Thanks

Comment

Hello Simon

You may not realise but In 123 reg you can use the option of web forwarding in your control panel so if someone uses .co.uk it will forward to .com. Which may be simpler.

For each domain you point to VH you will have to set up addons for each.

Darren
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren,
            Thanks for that. I have already changed the DNS settings at 123-reg to the VH ones.
            I did assume that I would have to put all 4 into VH and then re-direct the .co.uk's to the .com's.
            However, I don't seem to be able to add the second .co.uk to the second .com...
            I get this error msg:
            Error from domain wrapper: Domain already exists, it was not added.: iowbridal.iowdressagency.com
            My original site is iowdressagency.com
            I have added through Addon : iowbridal.com
            when i try to add iowbridal.co.uk, I get the error msg
            Any clues??
            Thanks

Comment

Contact me through dcweb in my signature and I'll go through it with you.

Darren
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren, Mailed you through dc.
                Simon

Comment

Working...
                X