Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First save/preview good, second was awful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First save/preview good, second was awful.

My work here on VodaHost (as a beginner) looked quite perfect when I saved it and looked at it in the preview browser. I was ectatic with joy. Then I went back and pasted in more text and tweaked it to perfection, but when I previewed it on browser the new text was huge and no matter what I did back on work page it still kept coming up awful on preview browser. I even did the "select all" and then the "Lock all" and "save as" and still the preview looks messed up. Any folks out there have any good suggestions?

Re: First save/preview good, second was awful.

Why dont you publish so we can have a look? Its very hard to say .. most likely its a simple font change. Some fonts do that .. even tho the size says the same they are not.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Why dont you publish so we can have a look? Its very hard to say .. most likely its a simple font change. Some fonts do that .. even tho the size says the same they are not. Karen
      Thank you Karen. I messed around with it again last night and the problem had something to do with the copy and paste I had done from off of another link which I put on Open Office. I resolved the whole thing by reducing the font size to 8 and saving it there; it looked so tiny and silly on my work page, but the preview browser was quite perfect. So I am happy again. So thanks for the encouragement.

As for publishing, although I am happy with the way my first page looks I do not have all the content, pictures or links done yet and I have 4 more pages to do! Catch you later....NOH

Comment

Copy and paste first to notepad .. then to your site. When you copy and paste from other applications you pick up their formatting. In notepad, you can even select all and remove formatting to double insure that when you paste to your site.. its clean and will take on your default formatting.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, I always wondered what notepad was good for. More to learn every day .. BTW, even without your help, which is most appreciated, BlueVoda is by far the easiest web-builder to understand. I have given tear jerking and hair pulling efforts on several other web-builders...many hours on week-ends for months on end for the past TWO YEARS!!! Seriously! I am self taught, and Attention Deficite Dirorder, and BlueVoda is totally different and understandable. It works for me! Hooray!
          Bye for now, NOH

Comment

Another question. I've just purchased a new laptop and I am not familiar with Vista or Open Office yet, and I just can't figure out how to access notepad on this thing. Anybody out there who can help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by nurioneheart View Post
              Another question. I've just purchased a new laptop and I am not familiar with Vista or Open Office yet, and I just can't figure out how to access notepad on this thing. Anybody out there who can help me out?
              Hi,

Its the same as xp goto start>accessories>notepad.
              Right click the notepad and sendto>destop
              A shortcut will be created on your desktop.
              It is very handy for cut and paste ops while surfing the net.

As for Open Office you can use it just like Windows Explorer or Ms Word or use it to open any file extensions which U do not have the software to do so. It can open almost any file extensions.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                Hi,

Its the same as xp goto start>accessories>notepad.
                Right click the notepad and sendto>destop
                A shortcut will be created on your desktop.
                It is very handy for cut and paste ops while surfing the net.

As for Open Office you can use it just like Windows Explorer or Ms Word or use it to open any file extensions which U do not have the software to do so. It can open almost any file extensions.

Thanks zuriatman. I did it and it worked except for right click did not deliver message that would allow me to send it to desktop as a shortcut. I can live with that. But now to my next question, can I use this basic blueVoda software to sell stuff on, get money to my bank account, and make money with affiliate marketing too? or do I need to forget/ditch/quit this first attempt and download the soho pro?

Comment

Hi,

BlueVoda is not a basic but very comprehensive website builder comparable to the best in the market.

It is to me the best WYSIWYG website builder on the planet for anybody who does not know Html.

BlueVoda is for you to use to design your webpages.

To sell on the internet you will need the following:

a domain name
                  a hosting account to house your domain and you online store.
                  You will have to sign up with some service provider to open a Merchant account to receive your credit card payments and other payments.

Finally you will have to choose a cart system for your store which you have to install in your hosting account.

check out VodaTalk and learn more about ecommerce.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                  X