Programs -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs -

OK I am a bit confused I have Bluevoda Version 10.2 and have started to build a site - I am now under the understanding that Soholaunch is a much better program - hence I didn't to install it - of course I find out you can only download once and the site (which is a new one) and remember I am pretty new at this - has to be empty - I am in the process of waiting for the site where I bought the new domain to rename my DNS Name Servers so presently I have my old partial site (which I already paid for and can't change) and this new one but it hasn't been transferred yet. Hence the problem - in order to install Soholaunch do I have to wait until the transfer? If so I have started to build the site under Bluevoda can those be changed or do I have to empty the enter folder now - oh by the way I have already did an add-on domain and its there under my old site but in a folder instead of a stand alone domain. Hopefully this makes sense - just wondering if Soholaunch is worth it and better than Bluevoda and wait or continue on the path I am because I can keep building and once the transfer is complete I can transfer the folders over through FTP or can that be done with Soholaunch as well? anway please help

Thanks

Tony

Re: Programs -

After reading all this I too am confused. (Sips Coffee)

.2 Cups later..........okies. I still have a headache deciphering this.. but..

Your current domain name server should be able to POINT your domian to you Vodahost account. If you dont have control yourself, have them point it to your voda server, and then request to move it to vodahost. Put in a support ticket if you need assistance with the transfer.

You can have the names POINT anywhere you want in most cases.

You cant transfer file into bluevoda its not a STORE BUILDER. Its a website builder. You need the cart to do that. Navals paypal cart will work for importing the PRODUCT files if you want to build with bv and purchase his cart

If you want to build with soho, you can import your PRODUCT Files in csv format. You need a CLEAN folder to install soho too, and if you try to move it you will have issues with the license of that product. So.. you need to build it in the DOMAIN NAME that you wish to use. You will stll need to rebuild some of your content pages etc

You can install soho anytime you want to, in an EMPTY DOMAIN OR SUBDOMAIN folder, however, for it to work properly and access it properly it needs the use of a domain name pointing to the server.

FTP wont work to import your site in either caes.

Please break your posts up into sentences and paragraphs with punctuation. Especially when posting before peoples heart has started and 2 pots of coffee consumed.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X