Email Filters & SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Filters & SPAM

I had always received many emails to my site account. I redid the site, not changing anything to do with the email address. I now receive ONLY Spam emails nothing else. The blacklist on Horde doesn`t seem to do any good. Can anyone help, and also explain further the use of filters to avoid SPAM.
    Thanks
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Email Filters & SPAM

I used to get spam on one of my email accounts and the reason for that was because that address was published on a website and because there are programs out there to capture emails from the web I was a spam victim.

The rules I personally stick by (and has benefitted me) are the following.

1) Always use a form. Although there is an email address behind it, the visitor never sees it. Something like webmail@mydomain.com. If I start getting spam to this address, i'll delete that email account and replace it with webmail2@mydomain.com and so on.

2) Never give any kind of on-line directory your email address. Give only your website address. If anyone wants to email you, let them use your contact form.

3) Never ever publish your personal email address eg darren@mydomain.com because if that gets spammed, you'll have to change your name.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Email Filters & SPAM

Thanks Darren....I have my contact form and that is what they reply to most of the time.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
      X