X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing My Site to an additional VH URL

Hi There! Happy Holidays :)
    Acct: #22306

I have looked around the forum, but haven't seen the answer to my question.

I have built a website with VH and published it to www.Achieveit.biz. Works great.

I purchased an additional URL from VH: www.The-Secret-To-Wealth.com and would like to publish the same pages to this URL as well.

How do I do this?

Thank You in Advance!

Russ Sutton

Re: Publishing My Site to an additional VH URL

Hi ... the 2nd domain name that you purchased from voda host is what is called an add on domain ... in your control panel, add this domain on and be sure your servers are set (set your domain name servers in your vbs) .. these links found on your email containing your log in information.

To publish to this domain you would physically type the domain name after public_html in the publishing area of blue voda .. however, it is not recommended to publish the very same web pages to your 2nd domain .. your site would be seen as a duplicate and would not do you any good. So instead you could redirect your main domain to your 2nd domain name, anyone typing in the name of your 2nd domain would be instantly redirected to your main domain without knowing. Alternatively, you could create just a portal page that then points to your main domain as well .. the portal pqage should be different content than your main domain as well ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, Thankyou for your help! I attempted to set the servers in the VBS but cant get it right. I am not certain what to put there. "dns1.voda23.com" and then the number? Is there supposed to be a space between the number and ".com" or no space? I have attempted both and got a message that it didn't work.
      I would appreciate clarification!
      Thank you again,
      Russ

Comment

OK! I see what has happened. I put the new URL on and published it. When I put in www.the-secret-to-wealth.com nothing came up but the BV home page. I put in www.achieveit.biz/the-secret-to-wealth.com and the page came up.

What I want to accomplish is to put in www.the-secret-to-wealth.com alone, without the achieveit.biz before. Is that possible?

Thanks again for putting up with a novice!
        Russ

Comment

Hello again.
          Still working at it. Am I able to make the second domaine name: the-secret-to-wealth.com as the main domaine? this way I could re-direct the achieveit.biz url to it. I simply need to switch the main domaine to the addon and the second domaine to the main domaine. Does that make sense? Is this possible?

Thanks again! I REALLY appreciate your assistance!
          Russ

Comment

hi again ... in VBS you would change the name servers to the following
            ns1.voda23.com and ns2.voda23.com - that is if you are voda 23

Yes, you can have your 2nd domain independent of your main domain ... I believe what you may have done is created a subfolder instead of adding it on as a domain ... so delete that sub folder that you created and choose the add on domain icon .... then remember to publish an index page to the public_html/addondomain - take note of how it is written when you add on this domain and remember you must physically type the domain name in the publishing box before publishing ...

If both of your domains (the main and the 2nd) are going to direct to one site you can instead, simply publish up a blank page named index to the 2nd domain and then choose for the 2nd domain to redirect to the main domain. You can do this in control panel .. If you do this, a viewer typing in either url will be directed to your one main site. It doesnt matter if it is the main domain or the add on domain, both will go to the one site. But what you dont't want to do is to publish the same pages to both domains, so doing a redirect from one to the other is the best method.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X