Problems with address from which autoresponder is sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with address from which autoresponder is sent

I like to set up an autoresponder when I am out of the office. The only problem is that I do not like the address which the autoresponder e-mails come from.

I would like the autoresponder to be sent from my own [personal] name and own e-mail address.

It is very simple to set up an autoresponder. However, there is no option to make it come from one's own name and own e-mail address.

An autoresponder set up with Vodahost comes from "[user name]@[vodahost server] on behalf of [one's own personal name and then, in brackets, one's own e-mail address]".

My question is simple:

How do I arrange for the part "[user name]@[vodahost server] on behalf of" to be omitted, so that only my own name and e-mail address is shown as the sender?

Second question: Is my user name supposed to be public information that is sent to everybody, anyway?

Re: Problems with address from which autoresponder is sent

Whats a link to your site.. Ill test it. I dont see this myself on mine..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Problems with address from which autoresponder is sent

The best way to do this is from your outlook mail or the the mail program you use on your PC, and not in cpanel. First pull your web mail into to desktop mail program ie; outlook2003 then under tools click the out of office Assistant set up your response click ok. though different mail programs differ in the way this is set up most do have this option.

you do have to have the mail program set to send your own mail address so using this at a work place you would also have to set up condition of incoming mail.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X