please recheck my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please recheck my site

hi all please check my site. www.gettingurgameon.com something is wrong, an dont know what to do. first off it just shows an index of: then when you click on one, it dont show my logo,pics,video,or nav-bar!!!!
    this is my first site, an i am very new to this. please help, lost!!!!
    gettingurgameon.com

Re: please check site?????

Hello there,
    Your site doesnt show up because you dont have an index page. Resave your homepage as index.html. Also all other pages should be saved without gaps in their title.
    Ive opened your index page, its offset to the left, go into properties and click centre page. Your page is too wide as ads to the right are dropping out of the page and noone will want to scroll left and right to see them. Your header and buttons dont show, are they BV buttons or have you imported them? Are these saved as jpegs or something relevent to BV?

Andy
    Z***** Design
    www.z*****.co.uk

Comment

ok z-man i went an corrected the index page, took out gaps, centered page. now for my logo on top of page, i used the logo maker on my voda. my video i used the windows media player. an my pics, i used the image thing on my voda builder-but it was copy/paste thing. any ideals why they are not showing???? thank for your help so far.
      gettingurgameon.com

Comment

When you publish make sure the dropdown box says publish all files,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

About the site?
          I would suggest that a thorough review of the Tutorials be undertaken once again, to properly focus on the BASICS of using Blue Voda .... there is a lot of fundamental principles about adding elements to pages, Naming pages, and even proper layouts that should be totally comprehended first.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks ladyeye thats what it was!! but i still need your help please. i noticed that my nav-bar is not taking to my other pages. which (i think ) that means that they are not linked together rite, rite???
            gettingurgameon.com

Comment

please recheck my site

hi i am gettingurgameon.com please check my site. i really need you to check the last page. cause there is a bunch of letters on it, an i dont now what i did wrong. thanks
              gettingurgameon.com

Comment

Re: please recheck my site

Originally posted by bigham View Post
                hi i am gettingurgameon.com please check my site. i really need you to check the last page. cause there is a bunch of letters on it, an i dont now what i did wrong. thanks
                Hi .. good to hear that is working for you ... okay, not really sure what you may have named and or published those other pages of ...

but what you need to do is this ...

name, save and publish your page by any given name providing there are no spaces in between words or if you use spaces, which you have done on some, you need to join the words together with the use of the underscore symbol .. like contact_me and use all small letters too ...

Your contact page, which is found via this url http://gettingurgameon.com/contact_me.html should be saved and linked as contact_me.php - all contact forms are php pages. Once you chantge this, all those scrambled letters on the page will go too. You need to changed this in the properties of the contact form page. Also you will need to change the linking for this page to refect your changes - on all pages too .. carry your navigation throughout on all pages.

Found your other pages for you as well .. you hage omitted the underscore in the linking, but used it in the page naming ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok now i think i got it, but one thing. on my contact page i have it setup so comments go to my email. but they are not. what did i do wrong? i put my email, where it said to put it. even made sure the lil' box was ck. please check an let me know if anymore problems. thank you so much, LadyEye. your the greatest.
                  gettingurgameon.com

Comment

looks like you haven't filled out the form properties right. here is a image of a form properties i did up the other day.

you need to fill out the email address with yours.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X