What exactly is a template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is a template?

I'm new to web development so I have some questions that maybe obvious to some. Anyway, the question I have is, does a template conatin any functionality (i.e. buttons, navigation, image windows, etc.), or is a template just art work?

Thanks,
    MikeS

Re: What exactly is a template?

Originally posted by MikeS
    I'm new to web development so I have some questions that maybe obvious to some. Anyway, the question I have is, does a template conatin any functionality (i.e. buttons, navigation, image windows, etc.), or is a template just art work?

Thanks,
    MikeS
    Both. simple templates are just images that you can use as a backgound to build your pages on. Then there are fully functional templates, (usually paid for) that have a customizable menu bar, and come with a script that allows you to put your logo, images, change the text, adjust width and height and so on. Some have also some flash features.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, I was not sure but you have answered my question. I noticed on the BV website that one can 'purchase' templates. Many of them look very good. Do you know if any of these 'purchase templates' are fully functional?

Thanks,
      MikeS

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
        Thanks, I was not sure but you have answered my question. I noticed on the BV website that one can 'purchase' templates. Many of them look very good. Do you know if any of these 'purchase templates' are fully functional?

Thanks,
        MikeS
        Yes they are. Subpages and menus included. Some with flash also. Please go at:

http://www.vodahosttemplates.com/full-sites.html
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X