the pages are different sizes in different browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pages are different sizes in different browsers

I'm still designing the pages for my website, but when I preview them, they are different sizes in Internet Explorer than they are in Firefox. Even when I build the page on the left and click "center in browser" (a suggested in one of the threads in this forum) they are still bigger in IE than in Firefox. How can I make the pages be the same size no matter which browser the person will be using?

Re: the pages are different sizes in different browsers

you can't - each monitor will be set to their own size, either 800, 1024 or 1280 pixels wide. i only use IE so don't know what happens with other browsers, but that is why it is very important to center in browser. that way it will not matter how your visitor sees the website, it will always be centered.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
      I'm still designing the pages for my website, but when I preview them, they are different sizes in Internet Explorer than they are in Firefox. Even when I build the page on the left and click "center in browser" (a suggested in one of the threads in this forum) they are still bigger in IE than in Firefox. How can I make the pages be the same size no matter which browser the person will be using?

Tweak to the best of both browsers, and you need to check in both .. firefox and IE .. and if you use another do so as well .. firefox tends to drop the texct down a bit compared with IE ... so you need to tweak ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

Are you using a wide screen display? If you are it will automatically
        adjust proportionately with your computer display settings.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you all for responding. I have two questions: LadyEye, what is tweaking? and Zuriatman: what is a wide screen display? Please excuse me for my computer illiteracy!

Comment

Working...
          X