libertyboats.ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libertyboats.ca

I have been a BV Hosting customer for over a year.. Due to a PC system wipe-out, I lost both my BV program & my BV files. I downloaded a new BV Website Builder. I then attempted to open my existing HTML pages. This was not very good, as a lot of information went missing such as Tables and Photos. I then tried to download the files with the BV FTP Manager. When I tried to open these, I got an UNEXPECTED FILE FORMAT error message. I then tried simply re-composing the pages I needed to make changes to. When I'm finished, they preview fine. Yet, when I upload them, the result is bizarre, with all kinds of stuff missing or askew. I an now on my 3rd support ticket, but that seems to be of little if any help. The phone number for support is also a waste of time as the message simply tell to to submit a ticket. I have now spent many days (50 to 60 hours) trying to resolve this with no end in sight. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Re: libertyboats.ca

If you are at the stage where you have recomposed your pages and they are fine in preview.

The steps I would take before I publish my new BV pages.

1) Go to the website and right click and save all your images into a folder back in your PC and then re-insert them back into BV pages.

2) Get all your pages rebuilt in BV - Use the same page names as your originals if you can. Use preview to make sure they are OK.

3) Go into your FTP and delete all your old pages and images. Be careful what you delete. Only delete what you put there.

4) Now publish all your new BV pages and test.

Obviously I don't know how many pages you have. Hopefully not too many. You can in BV import pages from a www. address. File>New Page>Existing html and put in your web pages one at a time. But my advice would probably be clear out your ftp and start from scratch.....and remember to save your BV pages and images to a CD for a back up.

Someone else here might be able to give you there take on it. Any problems come back.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
    X