"Error on page" after publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Error on page" after publishing

I published a page with an "Order Form" on it. When testing the form live on the site, it keeps on failing with "Can not display the web page". After a few attempts I noticed that at the bottom of my browser (IE7) is a message "Done but with errors on the page".

Opening the error icon, the follwing message appears:

"Problems with this Web page might prevent it from displaying properly or functioning properly.
    Details:
    Line: 100
    Char: 26
    Error: expected '('
    Code: 0
    url: http://www.spiralflight.co.za/lisab/lborder.php

and

Line: 213
    Char: 24
    Error: expected ';'
    Code: 0
    url: http://www.spiralflight.co.za/lisab/lborder.php

Are these errors the reason why the form fails, and if so, how can I correct these errors? I have re-published the page a number of times with no effect.

See: http://www.spiralflight.co.za/lisab/lborder.php
    Last edited by Johann van Schalkwyk; 12-21-2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: to add the referenced url

Re: "Error on page" after publishing

The page loads fine for me. Try refreshing your browser - let us know if you still are unable to see the page. But it's your computer not everyone elses which is good news.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I see a black page with youir form on it, there is a big empty area under the form that says picture, size and quanity. (nothing there). I hit the submit button and it took me to anopen DNS page, did you create and publish you success and error pages and are they linked correctly?

P.S. I would reconsider the black back ground.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for your replies, Beth and Ed.

The problem definitely was caused by some mess-up in the form. I didn't have a clear idea of the lay-out from the start, and fiddled quite a lot in putting it together. Somewhere in that things went wrong. When submitting, the data would actually be emailed, but in a scrambled way, and instead of going to the success page, it went to an open DNS page, like you saw, Ed. BTW, the success & error Pages were properly setup and correctly linked.

Ed, I was working furiously on that page, changing and re-publishing it continiously for quite some time - I think you must have visited during that time and found it in one of its half-done, trying-out stages. Still, you encountered exactly the problem I was battling with.

I've sorted it out by creating a completely new page. Knowing before hand what the lay-out should be helped a lot, so I didn't have to mess around anymore by moving, adding, changing and deleting elements. Now its working fine.

Ed, the black background is not quite my personal choice, but I think it works well for the site as a whole.

Johann

Comment

I tried to look at the rest of your site but you do not have your home page named correctly, you need to go back and SAVE AS index nothing more and republish.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
          X