This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On multiple websites/domains

So I have two unrelated domain names/website projects and another one on the backburner. If I sign up for Voda, will the website URLs for the second and third websites/domains look like www.mydomainname.2nddomainname.com (for instance) or will the second & third domains/websites show as the URL www.2nddomainname.com?

Re: On multiple websites/domains

You have the option to set them up as ADDON domains and they will have the www.2nddomainname.com URL.

Technically, they are subdomains of the main domain, the difference is in the properties and mechanics of how you set them up. You can also set them as subdomains to list as www.2nddomainname.maindomainname.com if you dont choose to purchase the SECOND domain name.

In the first instance you set up the addon, buy the domain name, and point it to the server. In the second instance no domain name purchase is required, however, it will always be a sub folder of the main domain.

So.. the basic answer to your question is.. yes.. they will have their OWN URL if setup as an addon domain.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your first example is what happens when you add a sub domain....

Your second and correct example is what happens when you addon a standalone domain name.

2 (or more) seperate sites within 1 Vodahost account.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Another question: if I get the third domain name registration with my new Voda hosting plan, I can still use my first domain name (the one I already own) as the main account name, right? I don't have to use the new one I'm getting when I sign up as the main account, right?

Comment

your domain name (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) doesn´t matter; as long as they are registered in your name. IF I am not mistaken BV allows you to have as many as you want. Nobody visiting your page knows how many you have & wich iis the first or second.

Comment

Working...
          X