Code 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 550

My site is nevershomemaintenance.com. I try to publish my index page but i keep getting error 550. Can anyone help? thanks.

Re: Code 550

Hi,

Make sure you go to FAQ's in support knowledge base and and read them so that you have a better understanding of what has happened.

FTP error codes
    It's good to know what kind of code your getting if your on a FTP.... The following codes appear in the 'dialog' box within your FTP program. These codes come from the FTP server, telling you the status of your requests. For example, when you attempt to connect to an FTP site the server returns codes 150 (Connecting) and code 226 (Complete). Below you'll find a list of the FTP return codes with an explanation of what each means. 500 Series: The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place. ------------------------------------------------- 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as command line too long. 501 Syntax error in parameters or arguments. 502 Command not implemented. 503 Bad sequence of commands. 504 Command not implemented for that parameter. 530 Not logged in. 532 Need account for storing files. 550 Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access). 551 Requested action aborted. Page type unknown. 552 Requested file action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation (for current directory or dataset). 553 Requested action not taken. File name not allowed. 400 Series: The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place, but the error condition is temporary and the action may be requested again. ------------------------------------------------- 421 Service not available, closing control connection.This may be a reply to any command if the service knows it must shut down. 425 Can't open data connection. 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted. 450 Requested file action not taken. 451 Requested action aborted. Local error in processing. 452 Requested action not taken. Insufficient storage space in system.File unavailable (e.g., file busy). 300 Series: The command has been accepted, but the requested action is dormant, pending receipt of further information. ------------------------------------------------- 331 User name okay, need password. 332 Need account for login. 350 Requested file action pending further information 200 Series: The requested action has been successfully completed. ------------------------------------------------- 200 Command okay. 202 Command not implemented, superfluous at this site. 211 System status, or system help reply. 212 Directory status. 213 File status. 214 Help message.On how to use the server or the meaning of a particular non-standard command. This reply is useful only to the human user. 215 NAME system type. Where NAME is
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: Code 550

Originally posted by wolvne View Post
      My site is nevershomemaintenance.com. I try to publish my index page but i keep getting error 550. Can anyone help? thanks.

Most likely you havent put the correct information in the publish button in bv. First you have to have a vodahost account, second your path has to be public_html/ in some form, and 3rd you need the correct user name and password. Most likely you havent changed the path to public_html/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X