adding search field to menu in soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding search field to menu in soho

Morning all. Have add a long look through all the different posts but cant find my answer? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place, if so sorry in advance :)
    My questions are:
    1. can you add a search button (or any others for that matter) to appear in the same line as your menu? if so how?
    2. is there a maximum number of products that you can add with Soho
    3. can you change the number or size of the products displayed (using shopping cart to load) across the page? ie 4 or 5 smaller products not the 3 that Im currently seeing
    4. I have made a basic template, but it only shows on my home page even though I have selected it for all my pages?
    thanks for your help

Re: adding search field to menu in soho

1.)make a page named search.. on the page drop a shopping cart icon..and instead of product drop the SEARCH products on there...go to navigation and add your page to the menu.

2.)No theres no limit to the number of products you can add to soho.. if you mean is there a limit on the number that will display on a page, using the shopping icon drag and drop is 30, if in the cart, i think it will list 20 per page without customizing the database, or see number 3.)

3.) You can make a page with a table that links pics to products with as many across as you wish.. you just have to do the manual linking

4.) you have to go to menu navigation icon and ADD these pages to the navigation system

It will help if you bother to read the tutorials or do them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for your help :)
      I have gone through the tutorials a couple of times but was begining to not be able to see the forest for the trees! Will have a play with what you have suggested and let you know how I go. Thanks again

Comment

Hi again Karen
        Thank you for your help so far, hopefully you do not mind me bothering you with more questions. I have been using BV for about 18mths and I now realise that it is time for me to more onto something like soho. My intention is to use soho as the ordering part of my site, until I have built it up enough to drop the BV part.
        the address of my soho part of the site is

my questions are
        1. the template I have choosen allows for a vertical or horizontal menu. on my menu navigation page I cant see where I can change or select this? At this stage I only have the option of a horizontal menu which isnt what I need, and would like to have both
        2. Im still having issues with the old template appearing? Its only on my shopping cart items when you click on more information. Have tried making new pages with new products but at the final step on the more inforation stage it reverts back to the old template? have looking under shopping cart settings but cant find anywhere that refers to the template so I can change it? if you have a look at the products on the bridles page you will see what I mean
        3. my shopping cart items are all different sizes. My understanding is that if I make the photos and text all the same size they will even up? Is this correct? Is there an easier way?
        4. Id like to make use of the space that runs down the right hand side of the page. Is it correct that I will need to select a template that allows this? what is this feature called?
        5. I see on your web pages you offer merchant account services. Can you offer these out side of the US?
        thanks again in advance for your help :)

Comment

Ok.. Looks like you are using the MUSE template. Actually the main menu is across the top.. any SUB pages you have will list down the sides.. for instance maybe on the home page.. HOME, you might have about us and contact us and privacy policy as SUB pages... those would then show down the side.. vertically.

i cant specifically remember how to change this template in the shopping cart, but yes i see what you mean about its a different one... Should be in template settings, and shopping cart, display, try using DEFAULT for the css settings and see if that swaps it over.

I can do some international Merchant services .. but I dont know about New Zealand, without going OFFSHORE, which is costly. I would think tho that you would qualify or be classified for the same type of accounts as Australia.. (i know youre not) and that you would be on like eway and I cant remember the other one...Let me do some checking and get back to you on that one. Most likely i am not going to be able to refer you any better than what your local bank will do for you.

umm... i think theres a SPECIALS addon that would make use of your blank column as you call it... if you wanted or you could customize it by customizing your template.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X