I published them. Where are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I published them. Where are they?

This is my first website, first publishing. So, be patient with me. I was able to successfully publish all of my pages and can find them on my control panel. However, when I try to access them thru the internet, nothing comes up. Why? I did name my homepage index.html as instructed. My domain name is gentlybroken.com. Sorry, but this is NOT intuitive to me. Thanks, Cherry

Re: I published them. Where are they?

I see a blog there--is that right?
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Blog for me to
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Tom, that's just the thing. I don't know what that is and I don't want it there. Why did that come up? NO. That's not it. I published something like 15 interlinked pages. HELP!!!!!!! Cherry

Comment

At some point you installed a blog on this domain or it wouldnt be there. You need to go to cpanel.. uninstall it thru fantastico, then republish your pages.

I checked the who is.. and its you and the correct domain and pointed to voda

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you so much, Karen for answering. I did what you suggested and removed the blog. I knew I had done it, I just didn't know how to undo it. That is now gone. Now, what shows is Index of... and there is a list of all of the things I've published, but not the pages themselves. I'm guessing that my naming and/or the folders I've published to may be wrong. I read another thread that said to remove all extensions to the saved names so I did that and republished one of the pages just to check, but that didn't show up either. Can you please just give me the idea of what to do next. Thanks. This must be a bit frustrating to have people like me who don't know what we are doing trying to make websites. Sorry - and thanks for your patience. Cherry

Comment

BTW I made a new file for each page and put them under my user name in the public html folder. Is that wrong? Named the files same name as pages but added .html to end of file name (not page name).

Comment

Open up your index page in Blue Voda and save it (and republish it) as "index". You put a capital I on it which is why it's showing that long list of stuff. Don't ever add extensions when you save or publish, BV will do that for you.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

In the publish tutorial that I just re-watched it says to leave the file destination "public_html. I made separate files for each page. Now I can't see how to delete those files.

Comment

Go into your c-panel, file manager, when the files load find the files you wish to delete, click on them and in the upper part of the page you'll see a red "X" click it. You will then have to publish all those pages to your Public_html folder again (no internal folders) or you could leave all of them as you have them (as long as you know the name of each folder) except your index (it can not be in another folder) and when you link to them add the folder name. For example say you have your contact page inside a folder called mine. The path would be
                    w w w. yoursite.com/mine/contact.html
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net
                    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I had no trouble deleting the contents of the files I created, but I can't seem to get rid of the empty files themselves. Would just like to clear the clutter out.

Also, why does it take so long to load the music before it plays? I know that I go to websites where the music starts almost immediately. Also seems like it take a long time for the graphics to load. Is there any way to speed that process up?

I really appreciate your answers. I've resolved each problem. Thanks. Cherry

Comment

OK, had to laugh. Somehow I just went from being a private to a private first class. That's funny! : ) C

Comment

Originally posted by cbrandstater View Post
                          I had no trouble deleting the contents of the files I created, but I can't seem to get rid of the empty files themselves. Would just like to clear the clutter out.

Also, why does it take so long to load the music before it plays? I know that I go to websites where the music starts almost immediately. Also seems like it take a long time for the graphics to load. Is there any way to speed that process up?

I really appreciate your answers. I've resolved each problem. Thanks. Cherry

You will find some great image tips here posted here by collectors ....

Just click on the folder itself to delete it .....

Congrats Private First Class ... things only get more rewarding as you continue to post asking for assistance or providing assistance yourself.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Is there a way to diminish the DPI without decreasing the overall size of the graphic? I'm using graphics for the entire background. If I diminish size it tiles the background. If I scan an image I can choose the dpi, but these are not scanned images.

The other part of my question above is that the music takes forever to load. Is there anything I can do about that?

Comment

Now I have an even more basic problem with the music. It loads almost immediately on the preview, but on the actual website it never loads at all. I'm finally close to having other problems resolved, but this has me stumped. Could some of you look at my website and tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix it? www.gentlybroken.com.
                              Thanks, Cherry

Comment

Working...
                              X