Re: publishing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: publishing question

I haven't worked on my sites for about 8 months because of heart attacck. Now when I try to continue, i can't publish my pages. All I can get is the old page from 8 month ago. When I try to republish and make changes, I get
    error 550 Can't change directory to public_html/machiningbythebook,com. This is an add on domain for my first site WebworldAffiliates.com. What did I forget during this long lay-off? Please help. David

Your directory doesn't have the ".com" on it, I bet.

(I like the mistake you made: machingbythebook COMMA com--sounds like an old doowop song!)
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I really have things screwed up. When I enter the URL www.webworldaffiliates.com it brings up my machiningbythe book site instead of the webworldaffiliate site. My webworldaffiliate site seems to have been replaced by the machiningbythebook site, but the URL is for the webworldaffiliate site. My CP File manager seems to be all messed up. How can I get these 2 sites separated and in their rightful place, Maybe then I will be able to make the necessary changes and republish the two sites. Hope it isn't too much bother for someone to help me through this. Regards, David

Comment

looks like you published the book site to the affiliate site.

How is your control panel all messed up? Did you create the ADDON DOMAIN? When you publish.. you need to change the path to the public_html/newfolder where new folder is the NEW domain name

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If your webworldaffiliate site is your Main site then publish to
          public_html

Publish your machiningbythebook site to
          public_html/machiningbythebook
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I got the webworld afiliate site in its right place. The URL www.webworldaffiliates.com brings up the correct page. Still can't get the Machiningbythebook inex page to publish. No matter what I try, I get "Error 550 can't change directory to public_html/machiningbythebook.com. It does same thing if I leave off the .com. Regards. David

Comment

Go into your cpanel and check the name of that new addon domain.

then use the file manager and see if there is a new folder in your public_html folder with the same name.

That is the folder name that you should be publishing to.

Did you point the dns of that new domain name to the vodahost servers in your original welcome email ??
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Comment

Part of the problem is that I thought that the primary domain name was webworldaffiliates when it was in reality machining by the book. I 've gotten the two in the right order but my index page for the machining site is the old(original)machiningbythebook page. When I publish the corrected page (machiningbythebook) it doesn't overwrite the old index page. Says it was published but where is it? The URL for www.machiningbythebook.com brings up the old page. If I enter the URL as www.machiningbythebook.com/machiningbythebook I get the correct page view. How do I get rid of the extra machiningbythebook (This makes the URL too long).I appreciate the help received. I'm getting close. Regards, David

Comment

You can always go into your cpanel and use the file manager to delete the offending index page or you can use the bluevoda FTP program to do the same.
                  Then republish your new index page to the correct folder.................
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

Its because you dont have an INDEX published to the public html folder. Instead you have MADE a folder in the public html and this is where you have published to

Public_html/matchingbythebook/

Instead you need to publish to public_html/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You are correct in the fact that i have a folder in the public html. How do I get rid of the folder so that the index is published to the public html? I trid to publish to public html but it goes into the folder instead. I tried moving it to public html but that doesn't wotrk. I tried deleting the folder and then I can't publish the index page at all. I get the 550 error message. The only way I can open site in browser is by using the machiningbythebook.com/machiningbythebook, and this opens up a previously published page and not the one I am trying to publish now. When I try to publish the correct index page it shiows that the upload was successful but where is it going. It doesn't change the previous one, Do you have any more suggestions. I'm about to give up. Regards, David

Comment

I think I have it figured out. Thanks for all the suggestions. Regards, David

Comment

You cannot have two individual websites in your public_html folder
                          thats why a new folder in your public_html is created for you when you addon a domain in your Cpanel.

Anyway, I am glad that you have sorted it out now.........
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

I can get http://machiningbythebook.com to load on Firefox but it is the old index page. When I publish the index page with corrections and changes it say upload was successful but it doesn't change the index.html in the CPanel and it doesn't change the page that is loaded on internet browser(Firefox). What can I do about this? Regards, David

Comment

I get the same page on both FF and IE--a panel of stuff with "This page under construction." Is that right?
                              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
                              X