Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redone page not showing on internet

client 9719
    If you look at Brad's site the last page comprises one letter.
    I have completed the page, published and it indicates that publishing is complete.
    I checked the link from the previous page and on the preview the link goes to the new page.
    When I go on the internet the link goes to the original page of just one letter.
    Have been reading and trying to correct this for 3 days and now I need some direction.
    Thanks,
    Linda
    Brad's Ma and Champion

Re: Redone page not showing on internet

Not sure what page you are talking about (you weren't very clear and the navagation is not very clear) but as I went through your site and clicked any link that had Brad in it I found the following pages. Are these the ones you mean?

Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

D'son, on the page cancer_victims_united, in the middle of the page next to the talk bubble there are the words CLICK HERE. This is the link to the next page.
      Originally the next page was and is still showing only one letter.
      I have redone the page with the one letter, published it, it indicates that the publish was successful.
      When I'm on the web builder and do a preview the link from CLICK HERE goes to the new page. When I go on the internet and get to the page cancer_victims_united and click on the words CLICK HERE it goes to the original and old page with one letter on it.
      I went into c panel and there are 3 page names for the correct one I'm trying to link to and have it show up correctly on the internet.
      Hope this helps to clarify my problem.
      Linda

Comment

Thats because your link is wrong it is linking to the jpeg here is the link to the actual page, notice the extention is html not jpeg.

Change your link, save and republish and you will be fine. If you have this sort of problem again see if you can type the address (your link) into the address bar of your browser and see if it will find it, if so copy it and put that in your link.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed, I just checked from the webbuilder how the link was set up on the page cancer_victims_united. The link is exactly as you specified it should be.
          Now, when I do a preview in browser and I hit the link on cancer_victims_united it takes me to the new page. At this point all is working as should be..I publish and the message is "successfully published".
          Now, I get off of webbuilder and go to the internet and pull up bradkimball.com which is the index page. I go through the links on each page and when I get to cancer_victums_united and click on the Link which is named CLICK HERE the old page is still on the internet.
          Linda

Comment

Go to the click here link, remove the link, save it, and then relink it. Save the page again and publish (be sure you are using the "publish all" option) I would also check in your c-panel to make sure their aren't multiple versions of the page cancer_victims_united maybe spelled slightly different and you are actually updating a different version than what is being dispalyed on the web. Seen that a time or two..
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks Ed, there are three names for this page in my cpanel. I've never bothered to learn cpanel, as long as I could pound out a page for my son and get it published I was content.
              My task now is to learn that cpanel.
              Another question: you mentioned my links were difficult to find. That had crossed my mind when I was building the pages but knew that the audience that would be interested in the subject would read the pages in their entirety. My question did you look for the links only or read the pages in their entirety? The answer to that question will determine if I need to make the links more defined.
              Thanks,
              Linda

Comment

I tried the easy way first and redid the link and it is linking to the correct page. Thanks for your help.
                Linda

Comment

Originally posted by bradacura View Post
                  Thanks Ed, there are three names for this page in my cpanel. I've never bothered to learn cpanel, as long as I could pound out a page for my son and get it published I was content.
                  My task now is to learn that cpanel.
                  Another question: you mentioned my links were difficult to find. That had crossed my mind when I was building the pages but knew that the audience that would be interested in the subject would read the pages in their entirety. My question did you look for the links only or read the pages in their entirety? The answer to that question will determine if I need to make the links more defined.
                  Thanks,
                  Linda
                  I did start of by just looking for the link in question to answer your question, I later went back and read the entire thing as it drew me in. You have good content and a compelling story, better (easily identified) would only make your site better. The navagation (lack of) is particularly in the journal entry portion. There is no way to get back to the main section of the site from there, had to exit completely. You do not want this, you want users to stay and be able to get from one page to all others within your site (thus a easily identifyable navagation menu). I am so sorry that you (and your family) had to endure this hardship and loss and I am glad that you have decided to pass the story along. Good Luck.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed. I don't comprehend the meaning of the sentence. "You have good content and a compelling story, better (easily identified) would only make your site better.
                    I want to make the site as easy as possible for the reader. Are you speaking to the linking in the main pages?
                    Linda

Comment

I'm talking about your navagation on all your pages, even though you have blue arrows pointing to stuff users are not used to associating those as links. The best option is to have a clear set of buttons or a text menu (usually near the top of the page or running along the left side). You also want it to be consistant throughout your site, same menu on every page, in the same location and the same order.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed, thank you for the critique. I suspected I should use the same format on each page but for now I can't change anything as I am sending out Brad's site to Obama in any way that I can get it there so changes will have to wait. Hopefully someone will see where I'm going and take the information seriously.
                        I'm going to throw it out to the forum.
                        Thanks,
                        Linda

Comment

I think if you really want the site to be taken as seriously as you are about it, then I would hold off until it was finished. I feel if they have a hard time navagating around, it will be hard to get them to go through the site thoroughly. Just my oppinion, I mean he will be office for the next four years what is another couple of weeks going to hurt?
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks Ed,
                            I've been brainstorming on redoing the main page. I have so much information and really do need to be able to get to it from the index. Thanks for your imput, it is appreciated.
                            Linda

Comment

Think of your site as a book, you do not put all the information on the cover. You add enough to get the point of the site across and to entise people to go further. If you bombard them with information overload they will turn away and miss the message. You want to present it in a user friendly format that is well layout, easy to follow and easy on the senses.
                              Reguards
                              Ed
                              www.dsondesigns.com
                              www.300hitter.com
                              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                              X