Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does a page called index of when i try to view my page????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does a page called index of when i try to view my page????

i published my page and then when i type my site richkidclothingandmodels.com into the browser a page called index of comes up with a list of all my files. i have watched the tutorials and still dont understand why this is happening. can someone please help me!!!!!!!

Re: why does a page called index of when i try to view my page????

hi i get your first page with a link to enter site but then a error
    Sorry only a beginner too really
    Paul
    www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com

Comment

Re: why does a page called index of when i try to view my page????

your very first page of your website needs to be named, saved and published as index ... i see you have resolved this by doing so ...

Naming, saving and publishing is different than giving the page a title ....

On that very page, when you click page properties, you will notice a text area box entitled Title - this is the title of your page - this does not need to be as index (as you have it) this, as mentioned, is a different area of your page ... this page title can be instead something you choose that is very relevant to your website and is reflected in the page content. You can find all over this support forum tips for giving your page a Title, and a page description. This is then what you will find, at some point, listed in searches for your website.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X