Question about the FTP manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the FTP manager?

My question is, I noticed that whne I go into my public_html folder there are many files. There are images, webpages, and bluevoda shapes. If I redesigned the entire site where many of the pictures and shapes and images are nolonger on any of my pages, should I delete the files no longer needed? Should I delete everything except the ror and just publish my current pages again? Or does this not matter? Thanks

Re: Question about the FTP manager?

better to delete because you will have more space, unless you still need it

Comment

Or if you just want to keep your webspace clean and organized. It doesn't really make a difference, if you dont feel like deleting them. I doubt that you will run out of space

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I would delete first, then upload the new pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yea I did delete all the files because there were so many and I could not keep organized. Then I published all my pages again. Thanks it helped alot

Comment

Originally posted by goldenleaf
            Yea I did delete all the files because there were so many and I could not keep organized. Then I published all my pages again. Thanks it helped alot
            In the beggining we are all very anxious to publish our first pages, so we can actually see them and show them to others. So we just start throwing everything in public_html becasuse that's the easy and obvious way to go. Well, after some time we find out that this doesn't allow for an organised site, especialy if there are many pages and different "logical" sections in our site.
            To keep a site organised, both in local computer and on the web, i prefer to put only the main pages in the public_html. So for example, i keep in public_html, my error pages, the form page, the index, the Who we are page ecc.
            Then i have subfolders for Designs, for Services, for Downloads, for Links, for Tips (the ones i usualy publish in the Tips and Trics Forum) and so on. Then, in some cases, i have subfolders in the subfolders. F.e. in the designs section, i have a single subfolder for every design. This makes my life easier because most of the files on the site are the images that BV creates when you publish a page. Since all these files are named bvxxxx.gif, you cant''t really know which one is which. By keeping every design in his own subfolder, when i want to update, i simply delete the whole folder content, then republish my page in the clean, empty folder. So i don't have any old material confusing me.
            It is most important that the site structure is a reflection of your local computer structure. This way you don't get confused on which goes where. As ***** says,

“Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan”
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X