How to Un-publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Un-publish

I built my first site www.cleversinglemothers.com.au which took me ages but now I realise it needs a TON of work re content etc. which at the moment I don't have time to do. i.e. I took on too big a project.

My question is how do I UN publish the site. It's getting quite a decent amount of traffic but I'm not converting sales because of the above. I may go back to it at a later date (I have the domain name for another 18 months) but my add on domain is doing well so I want to focus on that for now. Some may say just to leave it up there but I'd rather take it down. How do I do this without affecting my add-on site?

Thanks.

Re: How to Un-publish

Originally posted by AussieVodaGirl
    I built my first site www.cleversinglemothers.com.au which took me ages but now I realise it needs a TON of work re content etc. which at the moment I don't have time to do. i.e. I took on too big a project.

My question is how do I UN publish the site. It's getting quite a decent amount of traffic but I'm not converting sales because of the above. I may go back to it at a later date (I have the domain name for another 18 months) but my add on domain is doing well so I want to focus on that for now. Some may say just to leave it up there but I'd rather take it down. How do I do this without affecting my add-on site?

Thanks.
    You can publish a new index page with a "Site under construction" message, and eventually a link to your second site. Take off all other links so the other pages will become inaccessible to visitors. Or, you can simply delete them from your site using Blue FTP
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X