Administrator changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator changes

Hi, I have just changed the administrator contact to myslef on a domain I'm having transfered to my Vodahost account. It says that it could be up to 24 hours before the changes will show up in Whois. Does this mean I have to wait till that happens before I can start the transfer procedures from this end? Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Administrator changes

Umm.. depends if you are leaving it there and pointing to voda host .. or transferring. You can point it to voda servers.. begin publishing.. put in the transfer request.. which will take about ten days. When the transfer actually goes thru the site may be down intermittently ..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well, I've submitted a ticket to begin the transfer. I guess my question was...will vodahost see me as the administrator even though it's not on the whois thing yet? Or does that even matter at this point as long as it's unlocked? I didn't want to have to go back and do it again because of the downtime before it becomes public knowledge. You say I can point it to the voda servers and begin publishing? Not sure how to do that?? Thanks for your help Karen.

Comment

You login to your account where the domain is at currently and point it to the NS numbers.. should be aplace for you to enter them there.. 2x.

If its a problem.. then, Im sure one of them will contact you that the transfer couldnt begin or that there was a problem. So assume that its going as planned until at least 10 days go by.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X