X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad's New Site

client 9719
    http://www.bradkimball.com

Appreciate reviews on Brad's revised site. This site is intended on viewer's looking for life saving information and will be reading all information. It's setup as an ongoing informational site.
    Thanks,
    Linda
    Brad's Ma and Champion

Re: Brad's New Site

Hi, 4400kb (4meg) is way to large for a web page. Should be looking at nearer 2-300kb.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Brad...just a thought, shouldnt the websites name reflect what the website is about...how are people going to find your site. :)
      Oh and as soon as I opened your site it froze, guess thats cos of the size. :)

Comment

Dear Linda, First I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes as the above it needs to come down in size. Good Luck and I will check often.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Two questions:
          1. what should the width and depth be? I designed it on a 17" monitor.

2. If someone could give me an example on one of Brads pages as to a more appropriate name.
          Thanks for your help.
          Linda

Comment

Page width is best around 950 to 990 as for length there is no majic number for this, although (in my opinion) if a user has to scroll more than 3 times (on the roller ball) they will become disinterested and leave. As for page names they should convey what the main topic of the page is about, ie: Brads struggle
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Linda,
              Ditto about the size, it takes awhile to load. Also what Ed says about the width, about 980 is pretty much the common for most screens. IMHO the text in the white background looks like it was cut and pasted from somewhere else. I think this is to important of a subject to look thrown together. Maybe it would look a little better if they were regular boxes with a frame or something to emphasize certain points. Maybe some on else has a good idea for that.
              Good Luck and stay strong!!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned the text with the white background. I designed the new pages on my laptop and the pages were originally done on our big computer. When I view Brad's pages on the laptop all looks good and also on the internet.
                When I view the pages on the big computer both on the webbuilder and the internet the background is a light peach and your right the type looks as if it were pasted on.
                Anyone have any ideas. Should I put the new design on the big computer and then publish? Think that might get rid of the difference in the background?
                Linda

Comment

client 9719

Can't get rid of the peach background. Here is the history of Brads site from the initial first index.
                  1. There was a peach background. Today I went to the home computer that Brads site was originally built on and erased all pages along with getting rid of the peach background.
                  2. Went to laptop where all the new pages were built and republished index.
                  3. Went back to the home computer and pulled up bradkimball.com and the peach background is still on the web. (Just a side info: on the laptop all the pages on white not peach, even when I pull up bradkimball.com on the web)
                  I'M STUMPED!!! Anyone know how to get rid of the peach background?
                  Thanks,
                  Linda

Comment

Magic does happen! Got rid of the peach background and cut down the size of the pages. The width of the pages are within the recommended width and I cut down on the length.

Hope all looks better.
                    Linda

Comment

You will need to check all your text boxes as they are artificially making the page wider. IE: the paragraph starting (Whatever your beliefs are concerning) is over 1800 wide & i can only asume the blue handles want pulling in.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                      X